Beatles Sir George Martin named Best Producer Of All TimeAugust 19th, 2008 - 3:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 19 (ANI): The Beatles studio mastermind Sir George Martin has been voted the Best Producer Of All Time in a new poll.
Martin was the survey’’s clear winner, with Def Jam founder Rick Rubin coming in second, reports Contactmusic.
Third on the list was Phil Spector, the originator of the Wall of Sound production technique.
Brian Eno, best known as the father of modern ambient music, came fourth.
Rounding off the top five was Brian Wilson, best known as the lead songwriter, bassist, and singer of the American pop band The Beach Boys.
The top 10 is:
1. Sir George Martin
2. Rick Rubin
3. Phil Spector
4. Brian Eno
5. Brian Wilson
6. Nigel Godrich
7. Daniel Lanois
8. Brendan O”Brien
9. Steve Lillywhite
10. Quincy Jones (ANI)
- ICC confirms squads for World Twenty20 - Aug 25, 2012
- Neil Diamond to be inducted into hall of fame - Jan 25, 2011
- Coldplay tries hypnosis - Oct 28, 2011
- Ireland looking to replicate 2007 performance (Team profile, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 08, 2011
- Just looking at a neighbourhood can give pointers to its safety - Apr 27, 2011
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- An Irish buzz on the eve of their match against India (Preview) - Mar 05, 2011
- Players going under the IPL hammer - Jan 07, 2011
- World Cup teams: Strengths and key players - Feb 18, 2011
- Ireland opt to bowl against South Africa - Mar 15, 2011
- Ireland elect to field against West Indies - Mar 11, 2011
- Ireland elect to field against England - May 05, 2010
- India elect to field against Ireland - Mar 06, 2011
- Teams for World Twenty20 cricket - Apr 29, 2010
- West Indies will be wary of fast-improving Ireland (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011