BBCs Mills & Boon’’s drama will swing from gentle romance to supercharged eroticSeptember 12th, 2008 - 1:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 12 (ANI): The BBC channel has announced its plans to mark the publishers centenary of Mills & Boon with a bodice-ripping drama exploring the company’’s beginnings.
The 90-minute Consuming Passions drama will tell the stories of three women involved in the publishing house. It will, the corporation promises, be very raunchy.
The one-off drama is based on biographical details of the lives of Gerald Mills and Charles Boon, the founders of the company, as well as testimonies from the publishers current authors, reports TimesOnline.
The style of the film will mimic that of the books, and moves from the gently romantic through to the supercharged erotic, the BBC says.
The writer is Emma Frost, whose credits include the Channel 4 comedy drama series Shameless, and its stars include Olivia Colman, best known for her role in the comedy Peep Show.
The first part of the programme will follow the story of Mary, the wife of Charles Boon, and the couples battle in the bedroom, which helped to define the direction in which Boon took the publishers.
The second story is set in the 1970′’s and follows fictional spinster author Janet Bottomley as she falls in love with her mother’’s dashing doctor and is inspired by the relationship to write the first book in Mills & Boon’’s popular Medical Romance series.
The Mills & Boon story is brought up to date in the final episode, about Kirstie, a university lecturer in a stagnating relationship who is distracted by a “swarthy young stranger. (ANI)
- Mills & Boon to make TV debut to mark 100th anniversary - Aug 18, 2008
- Mills & Boon e-books record booming sales - Mar 07, 2011
- Mills & Boon's 'desi' romance - with Indian faces (With Image) - Dec 18, 2011
- 'The Breaking Dawn Part 1' melodramatic, sloppy (IANS Movie Review - Rating:**) - Nov 24, 2011
- British Academy Television Arawds nominees - Mar 24, 2009
- Brit TV dramas portray characters with mental health issues as 'dangerous' - Nov 22, 2010
- Britain's historic home celebrated on 400th anniversary in new Mills & Boon tome - May 03, 2010
- Poetry, Tibet, business on bookshelf (IANS Books This Week) - Dec 24, 2011
- BBC adds foul language to 'Wuthering Heights' adaptation - Mar 22, 2011
- Comedy Central now in India - Jan 18, 2012
- Mills and Boon 'cause marital breakdown, unwanted pregnancies' - Jul 08, 2011
- Jane Austen fans celebrating Colin Firth's triumph - Jan 30, 2011
- 'Love Stories of Shimla Hills' - Aug 13, 2010
- Hallmark Channel's TV film about Wills-Kate romance set for August - Feb 24, 2011
- Kate Middleton Turns 29 - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: amp, bbc channel, bbcs, biographical details, bodice, boon, channel 4, comedy drama series, consuming passions, emma frost, founders, gentle romance, olivia colman, peep, publishing house, romance series, stranger, testimonies, three women, university lecturer