Bathani Tola massacre: Three sentenced to death, 20 get life termMay 12th, 2010 - 4:05 pm ICT by ANI
Ara (Bihar), May 12 (ANI): A court here on Wednesday awarded death sentences to three persons and life imprisonment to over 20 others in connection with the infamous Bathani Tola massacre in Bhojpur District in 1996 in which 21 Dalits were killed.
Additional District and Sessions Judge A K Srivastava announced the quantum of punishment for the accused.
Earlier on May 5, Srivastava had convicted 23 accused persons and acquitted 30 others for want of evidence in connection with the carnage that took place under Sahar block of Bhojpur district on July 11, 1996 by suspected activists of Ranvir Sena, a private militia of land owners.
Around 70 Sena men had raided the village and killed 21 Dalits, mostly women and girls, including two babies in the age group of three to nine months. (ANI)
- Bihar court acquits 23 in caste massacre case - Apr 16, 2012
- CPI-ML to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 20, 2012
- Three get death, 20 sentenced to life in Bathani Tola massacre - May 12, 2010
- Bihar to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 18, 2012
- Protests in Bihar against acquittal of massacre accused - Apr 17, 2012
- (HOLD) SC admits plea challenging acquital of Bathani Tola accused - Jul 16, 2012
- SC admits plea against acquittal in Bihar massacre (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Close aide of legislator arrested in Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief gets bail - Jul 08, 2011
- Seven held in Ranvir Sena chief killing case (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Another arrest in Ranvir Sena chief murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Bihar officials asked to explain Dalit hostel attack - Jul 25, 2012
- Bihar fears revenge attack after Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Chargesheet filed over Ranvir Sena chief murder - Aug 28, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief killed, curfew imposed on Bihar town (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012