Basketball Without Borders to train Asian basketball players in DelhiJuly 4th, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 4 (ANI): The National Basketball Academy (NBA) players and coaches will train Asian youths in New Delhi as part of the Basketball Without Borders programme held for the first time in India.
The Basketball without Borders Asia camp is being held in New Delhi from
July 3 to July 6 at the American Embassy School in New Delhi.
The camp, which marks the NBA’s first event in India will bring together the top 50 basketball players who are 19 years and youngsters from across Asia to participate in basketball instruction and competition led by NBA players and coaches.
Under the programme, the present and former NBA players will help players from different Asian countries hone their playing skills.
So far, more than 250 former and current NBA players from 30 different countries have become members of National Basketball Association, which has imparted training to the youth in more than 100 countries.
Last year, the programme Basketball Without Borders was organized in China, Brazil, France and South Africa. (ANI)
- US basketball professionals train Myanmar players - Aug 28, 2012
- India's football talent hunt to start Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- NBA stars tour India for Basketball without Borders programme - Jul 06, 2008
- Indian basketball coaches on US tour - Feb 19, 2012
- US basketball stars to interact with Mumbai, Delhi students - Feb 17, 2011
- Barcelona to set up football school in India - Oct 19, 2011
- Uniform coaching system needed, says table tennis coach - Aug 21, 2010
- EPL team Tottenham Hotspur eyes tie-up in India - Jul 23, 2011
- Army Inter Command Basketball Championship kicks off in New Delhi - Jul 07, 2010
- Deprived US youths win scholarship through basketball - Jun 26, 2011
- Indian TT has bright future: Swedish coach - Jul 03, 2011
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- NBA side Washington Wizards sack coach Saunders - Jan 25, 2012
- NBA stars will be in Delhi to popularise basketball (Lead) - Jun 04, 2008
- Yuvraj launches his cricket academy - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: 19 years, american embassy school, asian countries, asian youths, basketball academy, basketball instruction, basketball players, basketball without borders, basketball without borders asia, brazil, china, former nba players, july 4, national basketball association, New Delhi, south africa, time in india, youngsters