Baramulla: Army stages flag march to defuse tensionJune 30th, 2010 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Baramulla (Jammu and Kashmir), June 30 (ANI): The army staged a flag march in Jammu and Kashmir’s Baramulla District on Wednesday to defuse tension.
The flag march was carried out after the district administration made a request for it.
Most parts of the Kashmir Valley are experiencing violence leading to the deaths of several youths.
A Brigadier led the flag march to instil confidence among the people.
Security forces have described the situation in the valley as tense, but under control.
Tensions heightened in Baramulla and Sopore districts after an alleged Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) firing killed two youths.
Tensions spread to Anantnag when security forces fired at an unruly mob, killing three teenagers on Tuesday.
After widespread violence, the authorities clamped down indefinite curfew in Anantnag, Kulgam, and Pulwama.
Curfew restrictions also continued without any relaxation in seven police station areas in summer capital Srinagar. (ANI)
- Army stages flag march in Kashmir town - Jun 30, 2010
- Amarnath yatra begins peacefully amid turmoil in Kashmir (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2010
- No violence in Kashmir, curfew partially lifted (Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- Curfew-bound Kashmir towns 'peaceful but tense' (Roundup) - Jun 30, 2010
- Amarnath yatra begins peacefully, curfew extended across Valley (Intro Roundup) - Jul 02, 2010
- Curfew lifted in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 11, 2010
- Fresh tension erupts in Kashmir as 9-year boy dies in firing - Jun 28, 2010
- Lashkar-e-Taiba fomenting trouble in Kashmir: Chidambaram - Jun 30, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Bandipora, Kupwara districts - Jul 23, 2010
- Violence continues in Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Mob attacks J-K Minister's Anantnag house, one injured - Sep 12, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Srinagar, FIR against Mirwaiz (Lead) - Sep 12, 2010
- Two critically injured in continuing Kashmir violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Kashmir continues to remain tense following overnight clashes - Jun 30, 2010
- Another youth dies, curfew in Srinagar - Aug 09, 2010
Tags: authorities, brigadier, curfew, deaths, district administration, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir valley, police force, police station, relaxation, reserve police, security forces, station areas, teenagers, tense, tension, tensions, unruly mob, violence