Bangladesh spinner Razzak banned over illegal bowling actionDecember 1st, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by ANI
Dhaka, Dec.1 (ANI): Bangladesh spinner Abdur Razzak has been banned from bowling due to an illegal action, a Bangladesh Cricket Board official said on Monday.
According to The News, the ban will be effective until he corrects his action.
The official said that Razzak was assessed by Marc Portusa, a member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) panel of human movement specialists at the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) on November 17 and it was deemed that the action was suspect.
The left-arm spinner’’s bowling action was reported as suspect during the two-test series against New Zealand in October and therefore he was not chosen for the series against South Africa.
The 26-year-old has taken seven wickets in five Test matches and claimed 111 wickets in 81 one-day internationals. (ANI)
- Pakistan beat Bangladesh to win Asia Cup - Mar 23, 2012
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh restrict Pakistan to 236/9 - Mar 22, 2012
- Saqlain backs Ajmal's doosra - Jan 24, 2012
- BCB to review Razzaks action before ICC assessment - Feb 06, 2009
- ICC suspends Bangladesh spinner Razzak for suspected action - Dec 01, 2008
- Bangladesh could be a team to watch out for (Team Profile, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 13, 2011
- Bangladesh restrict Sri Lanka to 232 - Mar 20, 2012
- Harbhajan has highly suspicious action, claims Hair - Aug 24, 2011
- ICC clears Snehal Pradhan's bowling action - Feb 08, 2012
- Bangladesh recalls Shahadat for Windies series - Oct 01, 2011
- West Indies call up Shillingford for Trinidad Test - Apr 13, 2012
- ICC comes to defence of Saeed Ajmal - Mar 19, 2012
- Scoreboard of India's innings against Bangladesh - Mar 16, 2012
- Factfile on jailed Pakistani cricketers, bookie - Nov 03, 2011
- Windies crash to 61, lose third ODI by eight wickets - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: abdur razzak, australian institute of sports, bangladesh cricket board, bowling action, illegal action, international cricket council, left arm, new zealand, seven wickets, south africa, spinner, test matches, test series