Bangalore cricket fan designs “World Cup” sariMarch 23rd, 2011 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Mar.23 (ANI): As cricket fever grips India, an ardent fan in Bangalore, Savitha Niranjan has designed a cricket-themed sari using crepe fabric and semi precious stones.
Niranjan hopes to present the sari to the winning team captain’s wife or girlfriend.
The World Cup trophy motif is designed on the back of the blouse, while the sari carries World Cup logos and cricket ball motifs.
Niranjan said: ” I hope India wins the World Cup. I would like to present this sari to the captain’s wife or girlfriend. ”
” I have written a letter to ICC, asking them to let me know if it is possible for me to present this sari to the captain of the winning team, ” she added.
Bia, a model, said: ” The sari is very creative with designs done in silver. I think it’s very beautiful and it will be a great pleasure to gift it to the winning team of the World Cup.”
A four-member team has designed two such saris in 20 days. The estimated cost of one sari is around 80000 thousand rupees. (ANI)
- World Cup 2011 spurs creativity in Moradabad cricket fans - Feb 23, 2011
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Cricket fan in Nagpur carves miniature World Cup trophy out of soap cakes - Mar 06, 2011
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Why not marry in your mom's wedding sari? - Mar 26, 2011
- Mumbai wishes Team India Good luck with messages on 100 feet long bat - Feb 19, 2011
- Dhoni releases book of caricatures - Apr 15, 2011
- Waqar downplays ICC World Cup trophy issue - Apr 05, 2011
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Billion hearts, one dream: India prays for encore - Apr 02, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan creates frenzy on LFW day three - Sep 19, 2010
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- ICC says original World Cup trophy presented to India - Apr 04, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: ardent fan, bia, blouse, crepe fabric, cricket ball, cricket fan, cricket fever, girlfriend, member team, motif, motifs, niranjan, pleasure, rupees, sari, saris, semi precious stones, team captain, winning team, world cup trophy