Banerjee condoles death of noted signer Suchitra MitraJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 10:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 3 (ANI): Union Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has expressed her deep and heartfelt condolences at the sad demise of noted signer Suchitra Mitra, who passed away in Kolkata on Monday.
In her condolence message, Mamata Banerjee said that with her demise a golden era of Rabindra Sangeet legacy has come to en end and she is now a part of this immortal legacy.
“With the departure of Suchitra Mitra, an epitome of Rabindra Nath Tagore’s philosophy and thoughts, the void created will be difficult to fill. The tragic demise of such an eminent personality in the 150th anniversary year of Kavi Guru Rabindra Nath Tagore heightened the sense of loss for all,” she said.
Mamata Banerjee further said that she is personally grieved as she had been in touch with Suchitra Mitra during the last one year of her illness.
Using Rabindra Nath Tagore’s expression, she said: “Bhora Thak Sriti Shudhaye Bidayer Patro Khani” (Let the cup of memory be filled with her sweet remembrance) (ANI)
- Rabindra Sangeet exponent Suchitra Mitra dead (Second Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Kolkata bids last farewell to Suchitra Mitra - Jan 04, 2011
- Suchitra Mitra: Rabindra Sangeet Legend Passes Away At 86 - Jan 04, 2011
- Rabindra Sangeet exponent Suchitra Mitra dead (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Bengal pays homage to Tagore, Mamata hums poet's songs - Aug 08, 2011
- Bengal pays tributes to Tagore, Mamata hums poet's songs (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Two-day special UNESCO tribute to Tagore's legacy - Sep 11, 2011
- Thefts silence Rabindrasangeet at traffic signals - Sep 09, 2011
- Mamata's melody for road malady - Tagore songs! (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Mamata ties rakhi on officials, journalists - Aug 13, 2011
- Mamata plans Tagore songs at traffic signals - Jul 07, 2011
- Trinamool celebrates poll victory anniversary - May 13, 2012
- Lata ushers in Tagore anniversary tribute - Aug 07, 2011
- Dhaka honours Tagore music exponents - May 07, 2010
- 'Tagore never wanted experiments on his compositions' - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: 150th anniversary, condolence message, epitome, expression, guru, heartfelt condolences, kolkata, legacy, mamata banerjee, nath, New Delhi, patro, personality, rabindra nath tagore, railway minister, sad demise, sense of loss, suchitra mitra, sweet remembrance, tragic demise