Bandra-Worli Sea Link to open by June endJune 14th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 14 (ANI): The much-awaited Bandra Worli Sea Link (BWSL), an ambitious 8-lane twin carriageway built over the Mahim Creek, will be opened to the public at the end of the month.
“You yourself have seen the entire work, I found the work quite satisfactory. By the end of June, we will open this bridge for the public,” said Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan on Saturday.
Earlier, Chavan had inspected the site with Deputy Chief Minister Chaggan Bhujbal and other senior state government officials.
Chavan also revealed that the government would finalise bids for the Worli to Haji Ali sea link next week.
“The work for the next phase is also in progress. This Wednesday (June 17), we have called a special meeting at the Mantrayala (State Government headquarters), and the next phase between Worli to Haji Ali also will be decided on that day. The government has received the bids for that and I am hopeful that by this Wednesday we will finalise the bids for the next phase also,” added Chavan.
The 5.6 kilometers long cable-stayed bridge has been designed to allow for speedy road travel between Bandra and Worli in the traffic-clogged city of Mumbai, which forms the world’s 4th largest urban conglomerate with around 19 million people.
The Bandra-Worli sea link would be equipped with state-of-the-art systems for traffic monitoring, emergency support and an automated toll system. (ANI)
- Bandra Worli Sea Link to become operational soon - Jun 13, 2009
- Mumbai Sea Link's second carriageway to open tomorrow - Mar 23, 2010
- Maharashtra takes step forward on Mumbai-Raigad sea bridge - Nov 24, 2011
- Mumbai sea link second carriageway opens amid Big B row - Mar 24, 2010
- India's first 8-lane sea bridge in Mumbai to open Tuesday - Jun 28, 2009
- Maharashtra may review road toll policy - Aug 10, 2012
- 'Mumbai mega infra-projects to be completed by 2013' - Mar 07, 2012
- India's second sea-bridge to come up in Mumbai - Sep 08, 2011
- India's first sea bridge is showcased as engineering marvel (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2009
- Steel Authority props Mumbai sea link - Jun 23, 2009
- Reliance Infrastructure signs MoU for Worli-Haji Ali sea link - Jun 29, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate Bandra Worli sea link today - Jun 30, 2009
- One killed in a car accident on Bandra-Worli Sea link - Dec 08, 2009
- Mumbai's Bandra-Worli Sea Link ready, to open by month end: Minister (With Images) - Jun 21, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi opens India's first sea bridge (Lead) - Jun 30, 2009
Tags: art systems, ashok, bandra worli sea link, bhujbal, cable stayed bridge, chavan, deputy chief minister, emergency support, government headquarters, haji ali, june 14, kilometers, mahim, road travel, state government officials, state of the art, traffic monitoring, urban conglomerate