Bandra Worli Sea Link to become operational soonJune 13th, 2009 - 8:35 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 13 (ANI): The much-awaited Bandra Worli Sea Link, an ambitious eight-lane twin carriageway built over the Mahim Creek of Arabian Sea in Mumbai will become operational soon.
“You yourself have seen the entire work, I found the work quite satisfactory. By the end of this June we will open this bridge for public,” Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan told reporters here on Saturday.
Earlier, Chavan inspected the site with Chaggan Bhujbal, the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, and other senior officials.
Chavan also informed that the government would finalize the bids for the Worli to Haji Ali sea link next week.
“The work for the next phase is also in progress. This Wednesday (June 17) we have called a special meeting at the Mantrayala (Ministry), and the next phase between Worli to Haji Ali also will be decided on that day. The government has received the bids for that and I am hopeful that by this Wednesday we will finalize the bids for the next phase,” Chavan said.
The 5.6 kilometers long cable-stayed bridge has been designed to allow for speedy road travel between Bandra and Worli in the traffic-ridden city of Mumbai, which forms world’s 4th largest urban conglomerate with around 19 million people.
The Bandra-Worli sea link would be equipped with state-of-the-art systems for traffic monitoring, emergency support and an automated toll system. (ANI)
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link to open by June end - Jun 14, 2009
- Maharashtra takes step forward on Mumbai-Raigad sea bridge - Nov 24, 2011
- Mumbai Sea Link's second carriageway to open tomorrow - Mar 23, 2010
- Mumbai sea link second carriageway opens amid Big B row - Mar 24, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate Bandra Worli sea link today - Jun 30, 2009
- India's second sea-bridge to come up in Mumbai - Sep 08, 2011
- Maharashtra may review road toll policy - Aug 10, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure signs MoU for Worli-Haji Ali sea link - Jun 29, 2010
- 'Mumbai mega infra-projects to be completed by 2013' - Mar 07, 2012
- One killed in a car accident on Bandra-Worli Sea link - Dec 08, 2009
- India's first 8-lane sea bridge in Mumbai to open Tuesday - Jun 28, 2009
- Sea bridge in Mumbai to reduce time travel from one hour to seven minutes - May 16, 2008
- Raj Thackeray asks people to stop paying toll tax - Jul 24, 2012
- Bandra Worli sea link opens for commuters in Mumbai - Jul 01, 2009
- Steel Authority props Mumbai sea link - Jun 23, 2009
Tags: arabian sea, art systems, ashok, bandra worli sea link, cable stayed bridge, chavan, chief minister of maharashtra, deputy chief minister, emergency support, haji ali, kilometers, maharashtra chief minister, mahim, road travel, senior officials, state of the art, traffic monitoring, urban conglomerate