Bamboo festival to promote tourism in MizoramNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
In the festival, where the stalls were put up under the banner “bamboo, the ultimate source of prosperity” provided a magnificent platform for traders to display their bamboo and other indigenous products.
C.Ramhluna, PCCF, Mizoram and Chairman of State Bamboo Steering Committee said, “Bamboo has been utilised for building, construction and also for the purpose of irrigation facility. I think Bamboo contributes a lot in our daily life.”
Apart from the stalls of indigenous product, there was an exhibition-cum-sale of different handloom and handicraft products, along with displaying various major fruits and flowers of the state.
“We just want to show our varieties of products of Bamboo. We are also using it for flower stands. We also have different kinds of Bamboo,” said Margaretv Vanlalijani, a horticulture development officer and a participant.
A fashion show displaying both the traditional Mizo handloom dresses as well as the modern designers outfits, was the centre of attraction.
Mizoram is a state with the total area of 21,087 sqkm, out of which bamboo orchards occupying an area of 7882 sqkm. (ANI)
- North East craft persons showcase their work at IITF 2010 - Dec 04, 2010
- Meghalaya culture comes to Delhi - Feb 26, 2011
- Mizo party chief praises Tripura's 'success stories' - Mar 15, 2012
- Village handicrafts go on show at Dilli Haat - Dec 03, 2011
- Artisans carve new image for northeast in Bangalore - Jul 24, 2009
- Mizoram government teachers not getting salaries - Dec 20, 2011
- New Delhi hosts theater festival to preserve Manipur's rich tradition - Apr 17, 2011
- Tap-tap! Mizo bamboo dance for Games ceremony (With Images) - Jul 05, 2010
- Himachal exhibits artefacts at trade fair - Nov 17, 2011
- President calls for intensive research on bamboo flowering - Sep 24, 2010
- Northeast India to be theme of Chandigarh's crafts fair - Sep 10, 2010
- Mizoram sets world record in traditional dance (With Images) - Mar 12, 2010
- Reang refugee repatriation from Tripura to Mizoram begins - May 04, 2012
- Artisans from across the country assemble for 'Shilpotsav 2010' at Delhi Haat - Oct 16, 2010
- India aims to raise enrolment in higher education: President - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: bamboo, building construction, development officer, different kinds, fashion show, handicraft products, handloom, horticulture, indigenous products, irrigation, mizo, mizoram, orchards, organised, participant, prosperity, steering committee, tourism department