Balakrishnan’s son-in-law resigns from Youth CongressJanuary 5th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by ANI
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 5 (ANI): NHRC Chairman and former Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan’s son-in-law P V Sreenijan, who is facing a vigilance probe over allegation of amassing wealth resigned as the member of the Youth Congress on Wednesday.
Former Youth Congress Vice President Sreenijan had been under immense pressure from the party following allegations that he had built assets disproportionate to his income as a lawyer.
The investigation against Sreenijan by the Kerala Home Department began on Tuesday with the State Home Department officials visiting his residence for preliminary inquiry into allegations levelled against him for amassing wealth worth crores of rupees, which are disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan on Monday recommended a vigilance probe against Sreenijan following reports that he had amassed property worth crores of rupees in a short span of time. (ANI)
- Kerala CM recommends vigilance probe against former CJI's son-in-law - Jan 03, 2011
- Income Tax returns: Moily defends former CJI Balakrishnan - Feb 15, 2011
- Income Tax returns: 'I have nothing to hide', says former CJI - Feb 15, 2011
- Ex-CJI's three kins found in possession of black money: Income Tax department - Feb 26, 2011
- Balakrishnan refutes graft charges - May 08, 2011
- Balakrishnan's kin accumulated unaccounted wealth: Income Tax - Feb 26, 2011
- Balakrishnan's brother goes on leave - Jan 04, 2011
- Tax sleuths make progress in probe against Balakrishnan's kin - Jan 12, 2011
- Refer allegations against Balakrishnan to apex court, president urged - Apr 05, 2011
- PM's silence on Balakrishnan issue baffling: Krishna Iyer - Jan 23, 2011
- Government should persuade Balakrishnan to step down: Former CJI - Jun 26, 2011
- Balakrishnan's son-in-law quits Youth Congress - Jan 05, 2011
- Kozhikode bar panel asks Balakrishnan to step down, face probe - Jan 07, 2011
- Break silence, face probe, Iyer tells ex-CJI - Jan 04, 2011
- Apex court seeks report on plaint against Balakrishnan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: allegation, allegations, assets, chief justice of india, chief minister, department officials, immense pressure, k g balakrishnan, lawyer, preliminary inquiry, rupees, span of time, thiruvananthapuram, v s achuthanandan, vice president, vigilance, worth crores, youth congress