Bakri’’s fromer wife being probed for possible fraudOctober 13th, 2008 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct.13 (ANI): The ex-wife of hate preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed is being probed over claims she fiddled state handouts.
According to The Sun, Hanah Fostok, 48, split from the exiled firebrand last year and married a Pakistani shopkeeper.
But she allegedly still claims housing benefit and council tax allowances as a single person and receives child benefit for son Bilal, ten, even though he lives in Lebanon with his exiled father.
If found guilty of fraud she would face repaying every penny and face a fine, confiscation of property or even prison.
Bakri who crowed support for the 9/11 and 7/7 terrorists raised his six kids on benefits with Hanah in Edmonton, North London. The Syrian-born self-styled sheik, who never worked in Britain, was exiled to Lebanon in 2006. His wife refused to go.
She remarried in February but it is claimed she did not re-register for income support as a married person. Singles get 60.50 pounds each a week. She is also thought to get more than 120 pounds a week in housing benefit, 20 pounds a week council tax benefit and 100 pounds a week child benefit for Bilal and daughter Raya, 14. Work and Pensions staff will quiz her about her failure to re-register as married and her new husband and his job.
She may be entitled to nothing if he has undeclared assets or income. (ANI)
- UK hate preacher takes a bride younger than his pole-dancing daughter - Oct 08, 2008
- Second daughter of Bakri defies his strict Muslim code - Jul 09, 2009
- In Britain, polygamy could be rewarding for immigrants - Jul 31, 2012
- Becks upset over news of eldest sister living on benefits - Aug 16, 2010
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- Meet the Brit benefit woman who invested her handouts in a boob job! - Oct 06, 2010
- UK Muslim preacher of hate has a pole-dancing daughter - Sep 26, 2008
- Brit woman jailed after Facebook wedding pics expose her as benefit cheat - Feb 22, 2011
- Bakri''s daughter whisked away from home after pole dancing revelations - Sep 29, 2008
- Brit jobless dad-of-10 to have 4 more, get engaged for 3rd time in 3 months - Nov 29, 2010
- Houston planned to remarry Bobby Brown? - Mar 23, 2012
- Phil Tufnell's ex-wife 'flees' following benefit fraud scam - Apr 23, 2010
- Obese claimants claim 10 mn pounds in Britain - Jul 10, 2010
- Woman jailed for claiming benefits pretending to be single - Jan 24, 2011
- Supreme Court issues notice to Jayalalithaa in graft case (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: assets, child benefit, confiscation, council tax benefit, edmonton north, failure, fraud, fromer, housing benefit, lebanon, married person, north london, omar bakri mohammed, preacher, sheik, shopkeeper, state handouts, tax allowances, terrorists, work and pensions