Babulal Marandi’s son killed in Naxal attackNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
According to media reports, the incident occurred during a cultural programme when heavily armed naxalites attacked and opened indiscriminate fire on the gathering.
Giridih is the home district of Babulal Marandi, who represents the Koderma Lok Sabha constituency.
Jharkhand is one of the 13 states hit by the Maoist insurgency that began more than three decades ago.
According to Home Ministry, 76 districts in Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Maharashtra, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal are ‘badly affected by Maoist violence’. (ANI)
- Four Maoists awarded death penalty in Jharkhand - Jun 23, 2011
- Death penalty for four Maoists harsh: Marandi - Jun 23, 2011
- Maoists killed 19 because they couldn't locate one (Flashback) - Jun 23, 2011
- Four Maoists convicted for 2007 massacre of 19 - Jun 22, 2011
- Jharkhand police failed to present key witness in massacre case - Dec 15, 2011
- Court acquits four suspected Maoists in 2007 massacre - Dec 15, 2011
- Jharkhand CM condemns killing of Marandi's son (Lead:Marandi's son) - Nov 14, 2007
- Lax security arrangements facilitated Naxal attack in Jharkhand: Police - Nov 14, 2007
- CPI-M, Asian Centre for Human Rights condemn Dantewada massacre - May 18, 2010
- Maoists blow up railway track in Jharkhand - Sep 13, 2010
- Hunt on for Naxalite who killed former Jharkhand CM's son(Lead:Marandi's son) - Nov 14, 2007
- Maoist commander arrested - Apr 11, 2011
- Dantewada attack shows Naxals' desperation: Raman Singh - May 18, 2010
- One killed in Jharkhand Maoist attack - Feb 23, 2012
- 11 killed, 88 abducted by Maoists till April - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, bihar, chhattisgarh, home ministry, indiscriminate fire, insurgency, jharkhand, Lok Sabha, madhya pradesh, maharashtra, maoist, more than three decades, orissa, sabha constituency, uttar pradesh, west bengal