Babbar Khalsa International militant escapes from Police custody in HoshiarpurOctober 18th, 2010 - 11:32 pm ICT by ANI
Hoshiarpur (Punjab), Oct.18 (ANI): A militant of the banned outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) managed to escape from detention on Monday in Punjab’s Hoshiarpur District.
Karanbir Singh escaped from the custody of the Crime Investigation Agency (CIA) staff in the wee hours of the morning.
According to police, a red alert notice and reward has been also been announced for the militant.
“He escaped around one o’clock in the morning; the CIA (Crime Investigation Agency) staff had his custody when he demanded to go to the toilet, from where he broke the windows and managed to escape,” said Rakesh Agarwal, Senior Superintendent of Police, Hoshiarpur.
“Five officials have been suspended and a reward of five lakh rupees has been announced for the person who helps in catching him,” he added.
He also said that Singh was arrested on the Sunday night with huge cache of arms, explosives and ammunition and he was being interrogated.
“Karanbir Singh was arrested by the team of CIA. The other ammunition seized form him were AK-47 rifle, three magazines, 90 cartridges, hand grenade, detonators, one and half kilograms of RDX (explosive), wires, fuse wires,” said Agarwal.
Agarwal also said that a case has been registered against the supporters of Singh and they have been arrested.
According to the state police during his interrogation Singh admitted murdering Pradhan Singh, a local religious leader and was planning a major attack in Punjab. (ANI)
- Babbar Khalsa terrorist escapes from Punjab police custody - Oct 18, 2010
- Court disallows narco test of Babbar Khalsa terrorist - Nov 20, 2010
- Babbar Khalsa plotting revival, big strike: Delhi Police - Jan 01, 2012
- Babbar terrorist opposes narco-test over Pakistan links - Nov 19, 2010
- Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized - Jun 16, 2010
- BKI terrorists sent to custody till Jan 2 (third lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Two Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested (second lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- ISI helping militants to establish terror network in Punjab: Police chief - Jul 20, 2010
- Four Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested - Jul 18, 2010
- Punjab VIPs security stepped up after BKI terrorists' arrest - Dec 25, 2011
- Punjab police arrests four Sikh militants - Jul 19, 2010
- Punjab Police recover 15 kg RDX, ammunition - Aug 01, 2010
- France-based Babbar members fund militants: police - Mar 21, 2010
- Terrorist with RDX arrested in Punjab - Mar 29, 2010
- Conman posing as Babbar Khalsa militant arrested - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: agency staff, ak 47 rifle, ammunition, babbar khalsa, bki, crime investigation, escapes, explosives, fuse, hand grenade, hoshiarpur district, interrogation, investigation agency, kilograms, o clock, police custody, religious leader, rupees, state police, wee hours