Baalu sanctions road repair works in Tamil NaduNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:17 am ICT by admin
The approval has been granted for the following stretches on NH-210 in Pudukkottai district of the State.
An amount of Rs. 211.71 lakh has been approved for improvement of Riding Quality (IRQ) work at 52/00 km to km 60/20 of NH-210 between Pudukkottai town limit end (Maalayedi) and Lenavilakku.
Further, an amount of Rs. 209.48 lakh has also been approved for improvement of Riding Quality work at 8/400 km to 15/000 km on the same highway between Mathur and Madaiyur.
An amount of 281.3 lakh has also been approved for Improvement of Riding Quality at km 60/20-69/00 on the same highway between Lenavilakku and Thirumayam in the same district.
The stretch is damaged to large extent showing signs of distress due to growing traffic volumes.
The stretch has developed patches at many places causing great hindrance to free flow of traffic.
Due to monsoon rains in recent years, the road stretches were damaged to greater extent beyond regular repairs. Hence, the approval has been given by Thiru Baalu to improve the riding quality in the stretch. (ANI)
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- Two-laning of Tindivanam-Krishnagiri highway approved - Nov 26, 2010
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- BRO moves out of Chhattisgarh highway construction - Aug 02, 2011
- National Highway No:1: India's melancholy road - Jul 01, 2011
- Haryana to tax Gurgaon-Alwar road users more - Jul 27, 2011
- Cabinet approves six laning of parts of NH-4, 8A, 8 in NHDP V - Jan 09, 2010
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Meghalaya chief minister seeks assistance for road projects - Jul 25, 2012
- Plans unveiled for hassle-free travel to Ghaziabad - Mar 30, 2012
- On highway to Shimla? Be ready for rough ride - Aug 16, 2010
- Cabinet approves upgradation of NH 17 under NHDP III - Jan 09, 2010
Tags: extent, free flow, hindrance, improvement, lakh, marketing places, mathur, monsoon rains, national highway, pilgrim center, rameswaram, road stretches, tamil nadu, thiru, traffic volumes, trichy