Baalu inaugurates Viralimalai bypass in Tamil NaduSeptember 7th, 2008 - 7:47 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Sept 7 (ANI): Union Shipping, Road Transport and Highways Minister Thiru T.R Baalu today inaugurated the Viralimalai bypass on NH-45B in Tamil Nadu.
Expressing satisfaction over the pace of various phases of National Highways Development Projects (NHDP), he said the Central Government has given push to all the areas of infrastructure in the country.
The Government is committed to all-round development of road network in the country. It has not only taken steps to accelerate the progress of ongoing NHDP, but has also started new programmes in the road sector.
Referring to various projects initiated by the Central Road Transport and Highways Ministry in Tamil Nadu, Baalu said that the State has received the focus of attention of the Central Government in development of National Highways.
As a policy decision taken by the Government, all the future projects under NHDP will be taken up primarily on the public-private partnership pattern. Further, to encourage private sector participation, the Government has taken several initiatives, added Baalu.
The four kilometre long Viralimalai bypass on NH-45B in Tamil Nadu has been constructed on left hand side of the existing alignment with one grade separator over Viralimalai- Iluppur-Pudukottai road crossing.
The bypass will facilitate safe movement of traffic with higher speed and there will be overall augmentation in the facility, including safety and lesser travel time. It is also likely to avoid submergence during high floods.
The total cost of the bypass, located on the Trichy-Melur-Madurai section of NH-45B and passing through Tiruchirapalli, Pudukkottai, Sivaganga and Madurai Districts, is about Rs.20 crore. (ANI)
- Centre urged to contribute to Road Safety Fund - Aug 01, 2012
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- Ramky Infra bags two road projects worth Rs.2,240.65 crore - Dec 01, 2011
- Tamil Nadu offers tour of 108 temples - Jul 02, 2011
- Two-laning of Tindivanam-Krishnagiri highway approved - Nov 26, 2010
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
- Union Minister Alagiri chargesheeted in assault case - Aug 26, 2011
- Meghalaya chief minister seeks assistance for road projects - Jul 25, 2012
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Tamil Nadu gets new trains; bio-diesel, windmill plants (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Don't play with people's lives over dam: Stalin to Kerala - Dec 12, 2011
- Centre approves Rs 1,479 crore under NHDP in Jharkhand - Aug 20, 2010
- Tamil Nadu would soon become surplus in power: Jayalalithaa - Jun 09, 2012