Baalu approves road repair works in Tamil NaduNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:35 am ICT by admin
This road also connects the important towns like Shencottah, Tenkasi, Rajapalayam to important tourist centers like Sabarimala, Courtallam and Madurai.
The approval has been granted for the following works on NH-208 of the State.
An amount of Rs. 278.58 lakh has been approved for construction of High Level Bridge at km 123/4 at Sengilipatti Village (Periya Odai) in Thirunelveli district.
The existing bridge is narrow and also in dilapidated condition and therefore, it is necessary to reconstruct the bridge in replacement of the existing bridge.
An amount of Rs. 184.29 lakh has been approved for construction of retaining walls at km 113/6-.114/0, and km.127/4 and 133/8-134/2 at Kadayanallur Municipal limit in Tirunelveli district.
These stretches run along huge tanks due to which the shoulders are completely eroded and therefore, need immediate repairs.
An amount of Rs 129.51 lakh has been approved for improvement of riding quality in certain stretches of NH at Kadayanallur Municipal limit in Tirunelveli district. The riding surface of the stretch is badly damaged due to recent rains and needs immediate repairs.
An amount of Rs. 21.60 lakh has been approved at km. 207/4 for construction of retaining wall along the approaches of minor bridge at M. Suppulapuram in Madurai district.
An amount of Rs. 16.43 lakh has also been approved at km. 206/4 for construction of an other retaining wall along the road side tank at M.Supplapuram in Madurai.
In addition Thiru Baalu has approved a sum of Rs. 4.69 lakh for consultancy services for feasibility study and preparation of the detailed project report for construction of bypass to Seithur Town at km. 155/4-158/2 in Virudhunagar district.
The completion of road improvement works in Madurai and Thirunelveli districts will help ease the traffic situation in these areas. (ANI)
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- India's first RFID technology toll comes up near Chandigarh - Apr 19, 2012
- 'Mumbai mega infra-projects to be completed by 2013' - Mar 07, 2012
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- BRO moves out of Chhattisgarh highway construction - Aug 02, 2011
- National Highway No:1: India's melancholy road - Jul 01, 2011
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- Punjab farmers end agitation; road, rail blockade ends - Dec 11, 2011
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- 35 killed, hundreds injured in Sunday's quake in north, east India - Sep 19, 2011
- Haryana officers booked for loss to state - May 21, 2012
- China builds world's longest sea-link bridge - May 11, 2011
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: construction of retaining wall, dilapidated condition, existing bridge, high level bridge, improvement works, kadayanallur, lakh, madurai district, minor bridge, rajapalayam, sabarimala, stretches, tamil nadu, tirunelveli district