B. S Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya SabhaJune 19th, 2009 - 11:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 19 (ANI): Senior BJP leader from Uttarakhand B. S. Koshiyari opted to withdraw his resignation from Rajya Sabha on Friday as per suggestion of the party’s central leadership.
On Wednesday, Koshiyari had sent his resignation letter to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari as a pressure tactic to build pressure for removal of rival Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri.
On Friday, Koshiyari met Ansari in the capital to withdraw his resignation letter after meeting party President Rajnath Singh on Thursday.
“Koshiyari today met the Rajya Sabha chairman and apprised him of his decision to withdraw his resignation and requested him to return the letter (of resignation) that he had given,” BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told media after his meet. Ansari had called Koshiyari for a meeting as per the convention that the resignation of an MP is accepted only after a meeting with the chairman of the house. (ANI)
- Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya Sabha - Jun 19, 2009
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over 'land grab' - May 18, 2012
- Khanduri to be Uttarakhand chief minister again (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Uttarakhand CM Khandori asked to resign - Jun 23, 2009
- Khanduri steps down as Uttarakhand chief minister - Jun 23, 2009
- BJP leaders court arrest over price rise - Jun 22, 2012
- Uttarakhand BJP's Koshiyari quits as Rajya Sabha member - Jun 17, 2009
- Khanduri steps down as Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- BJP's soul-searching meet begins Saturday - Jun 19, 2009
- Khanduri's successor to be elected today - Jun 24, 2009
- Khanduri again becomes Uttarkahand chief minister - Sep 11, 2011
- BJP Parliamentary board to consider fate of Uttarakhand Chief Minister - May 23, 2009
- Ramesh Pokhriyal is new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Jun 24, 2009
- BJP holds crucial national executive meeting - Jun 20, 2009
- B C Khanduri resigns as Uttarakhand chief minister - Jun 23, 2009
Tags: abbas, bjp leader, central leadership, chief minister, hamid ansari, letter of resignation, mp, mukhtar, naqvi, New Delhi, party president, pressure tactic, rajnath singh, rajya sabha, resignation letter, suggestion, uttarakhand, vice president