Axl Rose wants soft drink firm to apologize over soda giveaway botch-upNovember 28th, 2008 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 28 (ANI): Guns N” Roses rocker Axl Rose has demanded an apology from soft drink company Dr Pepper for botching a soda giveaway tied to the bands new album.
He wants the company to take out a full-page apology in some of the major newspapers.
His lawyer say that Dr Pepper should pay the group for “unauthorized use and abuse of their publicity and intellectual property rights.”
It may be recalled that Dr Pepper had promised a free soda to everyone in the country if Guns N” Roses released their “Chinese Democracy” album this year, reports Fox News.
The album had been delayed because its recording began in 1994.
The CD went on sale Sunday, but Dr Pepper’’s Web site malfunctioned during the 24 hours it offered the free drink.
The company extended the promotion for another 18 hours, setting up a toll-free line to accept coupon requests.
A spokesman for the firm declined to address Axl Roses demands.
He, however, revealed that it was “one of the largest responses” the company had ever received for a giveaway. (ANI)
- Dr. Pepper soda free with release of Guns N'' Roses Chinese Democracy - Nov 22, 2008
- Dr Pepper 10: Women feel left out - Oct 11, 2011
- Guns N' Roses reunion faces $108,000 fine - Oct 18, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson and Axl Rose are hanging out together a lot - Feb 27, 2010
- Guns N' Roses plan new album - Nov 15, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson & Axl Rose Fast Friends - Feb 27, 2010
- Axl Rose is suing his former manager for $5 million - May 20, 2010
- Axl Rose falls onstage - Oct 21, 2011
- Budding Friendship Between Scarlett Johansson & Axl Rose? - Feb 26, 2010
- Axl Rose and Scarlett Johansson become the best of pals - Feb 26, 2010
- Chinese writers reject copyright infringement apology from search giant Baidu - Mar 28, 2011
- Coffee Mate giving away 100,000 free coupons - Feb 05, 2011
- 'Rock and Roll Hall of fame' inductees list released - Dec 07, 2011
- Guns N' Roses upcoming gig not axed - Aug 17, 2010
- Pot cola, sodas coming to medical marijuana dispensaries - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: apology, axl rose, axl roses, botch, chinese democracy, coupon requests, dr pepper, fox news, free soda, guns n roses, intellectual property rights, lawyer, new album, newspapers, publicity, rocker axl, soft drink company, spokesman, unauthorized use