Australian Energy Minister calls on Dinsha PatelNovember 6th, 2008 - 10:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 6 (ANI): A delegation led by Australian Minister for Resources, Energy and Tourism Martin Ferguson called on Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dinsha Patel here today.
From Indian side senior officials of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas including R.S. Pandey, Secretary (P&NG) and concerned PSUs viz., GAIL, OVL, BPCL and PLL were also present during the meeting.
The issue of sourcing of LNG from Australia so as to meet the increasing energy needs of the country was raised by India . Australian side informed that in order to meet the increasing LNG demand they are expecting the development of LNG infrastructure in the country.
Australia has made commendable progress in the field of Coal Bed Methane (CBM). Cooperation of Australia was sought for CBM activities in India .
Further, Australian Minister informed that Australia will shortly be organizing a road show in India for E&P opportunities in Australia .
Indian Companies are welcome to participate in the E&P activities in Australia . (ANI)
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- India seeks more crude oil imports from Nigeria - Mar 16, 2011
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Brunei considering India's demand for natural gas - Sep 26, 2011
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- India to step up oil, gas imports from Africa - Dec 09, 2011
- KG basin gas output 31 percent lower - Aug 02, 2011
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
Tags: amp, australian energy, australian minister, bpcl, coal bed methane, commendable progress, cooperation, country australia, delegation, energy minister, ferguson, increasing energy, India, infrastructure, lng, minister of state, natural gas, New Delhi, petroleum, senior officials