Australia fined for slow over-rate in NagpurNovember 10th, 2008 - 9:47 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Nov 10 (ANI): The Australia team has been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its 172-run defeat against India in the fourth Test played.
Chris Broad of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Ricky Pontings side was ruled to be two overs short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Ponting was fined 20 per cent of his match fee while his players have each received 10 per cent fines.
The offence is contrary to Section J of the ICC Code of Conduct, which relates to slow over-rates. For such offences, the decision of the ICC match referee is final and binding. (ANI)
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Mohali ODI - Nov 03, 2009
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Champions Trophy semi-final - Oct 04, 2009
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- England fined for slow over-rate in Johannesburg Test - Jan 18, 2010
- England fined for slow over-rate in Lord's Test - Jul 22, 2009
- Pakistan fined for slow over-rate in Galle Test - Jul 07, 2009
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- Pollard, Proteas fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - May 22, 2010
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Barbados - May 11, 2010
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012