Australia fined for slow over-rate in Brisbane TestNovember 24th, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai/Brisbane, Nov.24 (ANI): The Australia team has been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its 149-run victory against New Zealand in the first Test played between November 20 and 23.
An ICC press release said that Chris Broad of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Ricky Pontings side was ruled to be three overs short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Ponting was fined 30 per cent of his match fee while his players have each received 15 per cent fines.
The offence is contrary to Section J of the ICC Code of Conduct that relates to slow over-rates. For such offences, the decision of the ICC match referee is final and binding.
According to Fox Sports, Australia’’s recent Tests in India were plagued by slow over-rates and Ponting came in for massive criticism for using part-time bowlers with the series in the balance during the fourth Test in Nagpur to avoid fines. (ANI)
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- Dhoni banned 1 match for slow over rate - Feb 19, 2012
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Mohali ODI - Nov 03, 2009
- Sammy slapped with fine for Windies slow over-rate - May 23, 2012
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- England fined for slow over-rate in Johannesburg Test - Jan 18, 2010
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Barbados - May 11, 2010
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Champions Trophy semi-final - Oct 04, 2009
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012
- England fined for slow over-rate in Lord's Test - Jul 22, 2009
Tags: australia team, bowlers, brisbane, code of conduct, elite panel, emirates, first test, fox sports australia, match, nagpur, offence, part time, ponting, Press Release, referee, referees, ricky, target, time allowances, victory