At least 40 injured in serial blasts in Delhi (Update)September 13th, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Sept 13 (ANI): At least 40 people have been injured in series of blasts that rocked various places in Delhi on Saturday evening.
The blasts at Ghaffar market in Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash took place in a quick succession, police said.
The first blast took place at Ghaffar market at 6.10 p.m. in which at least 20 people were injured. They were rushed to nearby RML hospital.
Immediately after that, two explosions took place in Connaught Place in which at least 10 people were injured.
Another explosion rocked M-Block market in Greater Kailash-I.
The impact of the blasts in Karol Bagh could be gauged by the fact that an auto was thrown up and got caught in the electrical wires.
Senior Police officials including Joint Commissioner of Police Karnail Singh rushed to the spot in the central district and were assessing the situation.
Reportedly, Indian Mujhahideen has taken responsibility for the blasts. (ANI)
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Serial blasts rock Delhi; at least 18 dead (Update) - Sep 13, 2008
- At least 20 dead, 90 injured in serial blasts in Delhi (Update) - Sep 13, 2008
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi, adjoining states discuss security measures - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after Mumbai blasts - Jul 13, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi markets deserted after Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Closed for Games, Delhi markets suffer losses - Oct 14, 2010
- Death toll in Delhi serial blasts rises 30 - Sep 14, 2008
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: blasts in delhi, commissioner of police, connaught place, electrical wires, explosion, explosions, kailash, karol bagh, New Delhi, police officials, rml hospital, saturday evening, serial blasts, succession