At least 12 feared dead in Gujarat temple stampedeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:13 am ICT by admin
“The stampede occurred between devotees who were coming down the hill and those who were climbing their way up”, Resident District Collector of Panchmahals R K Rathod said.
He added that the stampede took place at an area called Patia Pul, which is a narrow uphill that leads to the temple.
The injured have been admitted to hospitals in Halol and nearby towns, a police official said.
The Gujarat Government has reportedly announced a compensation of one lakh rupees to the kin of the deceased.
The District administration has spruced up the rescue work. (ANI)
- 11 people die in Gujarat stampede (Update-Gujarat stampede) - Nov 14, 2007
- 10 killed in Bihar temple stampede (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Kerala in mourning as Sabarimala toll mounts to 104 (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Kerala in mourning for 102 Sabarimala stampede deaths (Third Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- 12 die in Madhya Pradesh stampede (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Sabarimala stampede toll 104, Kerala in mourning (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Sabarimala stampede autopsies end, most bodies handed over to kin (Roundup) - Jan 15, 2011
- Stampede in Haridwar kills 20, injures 40 - Nov 09, 2011
- PM announces Rs.200,000 compensation for stampede victims - Mar 05, 2010
- Ten killed, several injured in Bihar temple stampede - Oct 17, 2010
- Conspiracy in UP firing that killed three? - Apr 02, 2012
- Ten devotees killed in Bihar stampede - Oct 17, 2010
- 20 sleeping pilgrims killed by truck in Gujarat (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh temple stampede, death toll rises to 65 - Mar 04, 2010