Assam blast: Situation remains tense after serial blast on SundayNovember 2nd, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Nov 2 (ANI): The overall situation remained tense in Assam on Sunday even though a massive hunt is on by the security forces to apprehend the culprits involved in Thursday’’s serial blasts at 12 places killing over 70 people and leaving over 300 injured.
People are still scared to move out to crowded places in the blast-hit Guwahati, Kokrajhar, Barpeta Road and Bongaigaon, according to reports.
Markets and other business activities remained almost closed since the incidents took place on Thursday.
The State Home Department has indicated that there is clear evidence of the United Liberation Front of Ahom (ULFA)-jihadi hand behind the blasts.
Intelligence official reportedly stated that Harkat-ul-Jehad-e-Islami (HUJI) carried out the blasts.
Indian Mujahideen, a frontal organisation of HUJI and Lashkar - e Toiba - has claimed responsibility for Assam serial blasts. It made the claim in an SMS sent to a local TV channel. (ANI)
- Assam forms Special Task Force to deal with militancy - Nov 03, 2008
- AASU calls 11 hour shutdown in Assam - Nov 03, 2008
- Militants with foreign backing behind blasts: Assam CM - Nov 03, 2008
- Guwahati students rally against serial blasts - Nov 12, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- Terror resurfaces in Assam again - Nov 04, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit Assam blast victims - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil visits blast- affected areas in Assam - Oct 31, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit Assam today - Nov 01, 2008
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- Assam blast: VHP calls for 12 hours shutdown today - Nov 01, 2008
- Police releases sketch of Assam blasts suspect - Nov 04, 2008
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- No compromise on terrorism, says PM; breakthrough in Assam blast probe (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2008
- Delhi blast: NIA seeks inputs from foreign agencies - Sep 11, 2011
Tags: assam, business activities, clear evidence, culprits, guwahati, huji, intelligence official, islami, lashkar e toiba, local tv, massive hunt, nov 2, security forces, serial blasts, sms, tv channel, ul, united liberation front