Arunachal Pradesh Congress MP blames China for hindering developmentJune 13th, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, June 13 (ANI): Congress MP from Arunachal East Constituency Takam Sanjoy has said the Chinese Government is blocking the development of Arunachal Pradesh by objecting to a loan from the Asian Development Bank.
“A senior officer of the Chinese government, in the rank of vice-chairperson, objected to the sanction of 60 million dollars for Arunachal Pradesh at a meeting held in New Delhi in May to discuss a package of 2.9 billion dollars which was to be funded by the ADB for development work in the country,” Sanjoy told reporters here.
Referring to the Chinese claims that Arunachal is part of its territory, Sanjoy said: “My state is on the top of the mainstream map of India and no force whether it is Chinese or any other can claim an inch of our land.”
Claiming that major development work had been undertaken by China along the Sino-Indian border, which was a matter of great concern, Sanjoy underlined the need for an IAF airbase in Arunachal Pradesh on the line of airbases at Chhabua, Jorhat and Tezpur in Assam.
“Massive development in the state could be the only answer to the Chinese build up of infrastructure on their side including construction of a 1000 km highway,” he said. (ANI)
- Arunachal MP welcomes setting up of committee to probe Tawang crash - Apr 24, 2011
- Arunachalees unhappy with slow Army mobilisation to rescue CM Khandu - May 03, 2011
- Chidambaram to visit Tawang today - Dec 31, 2010
- India for freedom of navigation in South China Sea - Aug 30, 2012
- India, China to hold boundary talks Monday (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- China rejects rivalry, begins boundary talks - Jan 16, 2012
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- India objects to China's Arunachal comments - Feb 27, 2012
- Arunachal Pradesh CM on board Pawan Hans chopper goes missing - Apr 30, 2011
- India protests China's Arunachal comments (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Arunachal protests new iPhone4 maps' China tilt - Oct 03, 2010
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Khandu safe, chopper lands at Daporijo - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh accuses China of incursions - Sep 22, 2010
- Amid Arunachal row, Chinese foreign minister heading to India - Feb 27, 2012
- 'Arunachal is integral part of India' - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: 60 million, adb, airbase, airbases, arunachal pradesh, asian development bank, assam, billion dollars, chinese government, east constituency, indian border, jorhat, map of india, massive development, million dollars, New Delhi, sanction, sanjoy, tezpur, vice chairperson