Arunachal Pradesh CM Khandu safe, chopper lands safely in BhutanApril 30th, 2011 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
Itanagar, Apr 30 (ANI): A Pawan Hans Helicopter, which was flying from Tawang to Itanagar with Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, has landed safely at Bhutan after going missing since 10 am on Saturday morning.
The Arunachal chief minister is soon going to board a flight back to India as soon as possible.
Khandu was accompanied by two of his personal aides. The chopper had taken off from Tawang at 9:56 am and was to land at Itanagar at 11:30 am. It was last sighted at Sela Pass, 20 minutes after taking off from Tawang.
“The bad weather forced pilot to make an emergency landing wherever he can do. All measures were being taken by the state government to find out the Chief Minister’s chopper,” said Member of Parliament from Arunachal Pradesh Takam Sanjoy.
He further said that the news of Chief Minister’s safety has brought a relief on the faces of all Arunachalees.
The Army and the Air Force had also launched an operation to locate the CM’s chopper.
Khandu (56) had served in the intelligence wing of the Army and was sworn on April 9, 2007 as the fifth Chief Minister of the state, replacing Gegong Apang.
The PHHL has been operating five helicopters across Arunachal, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura and daily Guwahati-Tawang services for the past nine years. It is one of the major lifelines of the landlocked Arunachal Pradesh.
The helicopter service on the Guwahati-Tawang route was suspended in the wake of three probes being over a Pawan Hans chopper crash on April 19, killing 17 people and injuring six. (ANI)
- Massive search operation to locate Arunachal Pradesh CM - Apr 30, 2011
- Mystery over Arunachal Pradesh CM Khandu's whereabouts deepen - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh CM on board Pawan Hans chopper goes missing - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal chief minister's chopper was new: Pawan Hans - May 01, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Khandu safe, chopper lands at Daporijo - Apr 30, 2011
- Chopper with Arunachal chief minister still missing (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal MP demands new copter on Guwahati-Tawang route - Apr 29, 2011
- Chopper carrying Arunachal chief minister still missing (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Bodies of Arunachal CM Khandu, 4 others taken to Tawang - May 05, 2011
- With ISRO lead, rescuers search for missing chopper - May 03, 2011
- Concrete details of missing chopper by evening: Mukul Wasnik (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Chopper carrying Arunachal chief minister still missing (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Chopper with Arunachal chief minister missing (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal chief minister's chopper lands safely in Bhutan (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Loss of Arunachal's 'Laughing Buddha' irreparable: Takam Sanjoy - May 04, 2011
Tags: arunachal pradesh, bad weather, chief minister, chopper lands, emergency landing, helicopter service, helicopters, intelligence wing, lifelines, member of parliament, nagaland, nine years, parliament, pawan hans helicopter, personal aides, probes, saturday morning, sikkim, state government, tawang