Arun Gawli to contest LS polls from North Central MumbaiMarch 27th, 2009 - 10:51 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 27 (ANI): Gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from the North Central Mumbai parliamentary constituency.
Gawli will contest from his own party Akhil Bharatiya Sena (ABS).
Gawli’s daughter Geeta ruled out reports stating ABS’ tie-up with Mayawati led Bhaujan Samaj Party (BSP), saying the party will go alone in the general elections.
Gawli, who is lodged at the Arthur Road jail in connection with a murder and extortion case, was elected to the state legislature in 2004, from the Chinchpokli constituency. (ANI)
- Arun Gawli's party to contest 25 seats in BMC polls - Jan 26, 2012
- Arun Gawli denied ticket, breaks away from BSP - Mar 27, 2009
- Gawli joins hands with BSP - Feb 27, 2009
- Don Arun Gawli opts out of poll, to support Milind Deora - Apr 07, 2009
- Arun Gawli: The don is finally nailed - Aug 31, 2012
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Intro Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Rebels, relatives in fray for BMC elections - Jan 31, 2012
- Mafia dons humbled at the ballot - Oct 22, 2009
- Supreme Court rejects Arun Gawli's bail plea (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- BSP parliamentarian booked under stringent law - Dec 16, 2011
- Shiv Sena's Sunil Prabhu is new Mumbai mayor - Mar 09, 2012
- Campaign ends for third phase of Bengal polls - Apr 25, 2011
- Mayawati takes oath as Rajya Sabha member - Apr 24, 2012
- Pranab favourite as lawmakers vote for new president (Evening Lead) - Jul 19, 2012