Artist Piet Mondrian inspires Indian fashion designerMarch 31st, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 31 (ANI): Taking inspiration from Dutch artist Piet Mondrian, Indian fashion designer Wendell Rodricks presented a collection of some eye catching casual wear for women at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week here last evening.
Using black and white predominantly, Rodricks showcased an array of attractive ensembles for his Fall/Winter collection, which stood out for their simplicity and elegance.
Rodricks used eco-friendly fabrics made from bamboo and dyed in natural colours for the collection.
“We have a wonderful line of eco-fabrics which are dyed in natural dyes. We have made a fantastic collection of jerseys. We also have cocktail dresses and some blouses in new bamboo fabric,” he said.
Lakme Fashion Week has received in all 189 applications - 88 for gen next and 44 for emerging fashion designers from 20 cities across the country. (ANI)
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Rodricks showcases his exquisite collection at Goa - Nov 14, 2009
- Designers Abhishek, Soumitra go eco-friendly at LFW - Sep 17, 2010
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Organic collection in LFW brings alive eco-theme - Aug 22, 2011
- Ahana Deol to design for a cause (With Image) - Jan 25, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: blouses, casual wear, cocktail dresses, dutch artist, elegance, ensembles, fabric, fabrics, fall winter, fashion designer, fashion designers, indian fashion, jerseys, lakme fashion week, natural colours, natural dyes, piet mondrian, simplicity, wendell rodricks, winter collection