Arrested Pawar aide in ICU, may not appear in court for alleged murder chargeJune 7th, 2009 - 12:02 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 7 (ANI): A close aide of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Padamsinh Patil, who was detained on Saturday by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his alleged involvement in the murder of senior Congress leader Pawanraj Nimbalkar in 2003, may not appear in court Sunday.
According to sources, Patil complained of severe chest pain this morning and has now been admitted to the ICU of Mumbai’s J J Hospital. He was to be taken to the Panvel court at about 11:30 a.m.
Patil is a senior leader of Pawar’s Nationalist Congress Party and a Member of Parliament from Maharashtra’s Osmanabad District.
Earlier, Superintendent of Police, CBI, Amitabh Thakur, confirming Patil’s arrest, said he was being questioned at the CBI office in South Mumbai after an arrested accused Parasmal Jain claimed that Patil had ordered Nimbalkar’s murder.
According to a statement submitted by Jain, he was paid a supari (contract amount) of Rs.30 lakh by Patil to eliminate Nimbalkar due to business rivalry.
The CBI had earlier this year nabbed two people, and one of them had confessed to the murder of Nimbalkar at somebody’s behest. (ANI)
- Pawar says law will take its own course in Patil arrest case - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI files 5000-page chargesheet against Padamsinh Patil - Aug 20, 2009
- Padamsinh accused in Nimbalkar murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- CBI to challenge Maharashtra MP's bail in murder case (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- NCP MP gets bail in Nimbalkar murder case - Sep 25, 2009
- NCP leader Patil sent to seven days CBI custody - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI may conduct scientific tests on Padamsinh Patil - Jun 11, 2009
- Patil's CBI custody extended till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI formally charges ex-NCP leader Padamsinh Patil for murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Vilasrao Deshmukh wants Congress to go alone in Maharashtra Assembly polls - Jun 09, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in CBI custody for Congress leader's murder (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2009
Tags: agriculture minister, amitabh thakur, behest, business rivalry, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chest pain, congress leader, lakh, maharashtra, member of parliament, murder charge, nationalist congress party, osmanabad district, parliament, sharad pawar, south mumbai, superintendent