A.R.Rahman gets triple nomination at the OscarsJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 10:03 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan.22 (ANI): By bagging triple nominations for his latest film Slumdog Millionaire at the 81st Oscar Academy Awards on Thursday, the all entrancing musician A. R. Rahman has brought a wave of cheer among music lovers of the country.
Rahman has been nominated in the Best Original Score category and twice in the Best Original Song section.
Slumdog Millionaire, a rags to riches story about an Indian boy of Mumbai slums, has bagged 10 nominations in all including Best Motion Picture category, Best Director Danny Boyle and Best Adapted Screenplay Simon Beaufoy.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a drama in which Brad Pitt plays a man who ages backwards, led the field of Oscar contenders with 13 nominations, organizers said on Thursday.
Slumdog Millionaire has continued its unstoppable run with a host of nominations, including best picture, best adapted screenplay and best director for Danny Boyle.
The film will contest with another British film, Frost/Nixon, for best picture category, along with The Curiuos Case of Benjamin Button, Milk and The Reader.
Meanwhile, Slumdog Millionaire and Kate Winslet lead the British nominations for the Oscars.
Winslet has one best actress nomination for The Reader but nothing for Revolutionary Road. The 33-year-old won Golden Globes for both performances.
Leaving the Oscar ceremony empty-handed would make Winslet the biggest loser among actresses in the history of the event. She has been nominated five times but never won. (ANI)
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Slumdog Millionaire becomes 4th highest Oscar-winning flick with 8 awards - Feb 23, 2009
- List of Oscar nominees - Feb 21, 2009
- Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: Rahman - Dec 15, 2010
- Danny Boyle hides Oscar trophy in shoe box - Jan 27, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- India-born Tariq Anwar misses Oscar for best editing - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' bags 11 Bafta nominations - Jan 15, 2009
- 'Slumdog Millionaire', 'Jai Ho' bag Grammy nominations - Dec 02, 2010
- Danny Boyle hides his Oscar under bed! - Jan 26, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
- Boyle's '127 Hours' to hit Indian screens Jan 28 - Dec 30, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Will Rahman have his day with 'Slumdog' at the Oscars? - Feb 21, 2009
Tags: actress nomination, best actress, best adapted screenplay, best director, best original score, best original song, biggest loser, british film, curious case of benjamin button, director danny boyle, golden globes, kate winslet, mumbai slums, oscar academy awards, oscar ceremony, oscar contenders, rags to riches, rags to riches story, revolutionary road, simon beaufoy