Armys Operation Sangam for children of terrorism affected areas of J-KNovember 23rd, 2008 - 2:36 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Nov 23 (ANI): The Rashtriya Rifles, counterinsurgency force of the Army, continuing with its efforts towards providing quality education and learning opportunities to the children of terrorism affected areas in Jammu and Kashmir has organized an educational-cum-motivational tour of the country.
Rashtriya Rifles 12 Sector has arranged an educational cum motivational tour for 35 children from a wide cross section of schools of remote and inaccessible villages in District-Budgam with effect from November 22 to December 8.
The school children who are accompanied by three teachers, including one lady teacher, would be exposed to diverse cultures, life styles and sight seeing of various historical and tourist spots of Pune, Mumbai and Delhi.
Addressing the children before flagging off the tour from Budgam, Brigadier Ajay of 12 Sector Rashtriya Rifles asked them to witness the state of development outside the Valley, which is possible in an environment of peace and tranquility.
As a part of Operation Sadbhavana-XI, this tour has been named Operation Sangam.
The event is completely sponsored by the Army including transportation, lodging, boarding, kitting and all allied expenses.
Operation Sadbhavana envisages the functioning of the Army as a facilitator in the thrust areas of primary education, secondary and tertiary health care, community development and empowerment of women.
There are 16 Sadbhavana Schools, which provide free meals and use computers extensively. Besides giving scholarships to students from economically deprived backgrounds, the schools have a maulvi and a lama teaching religion. (ANI)
- Army's tours open up incredible India to Kashmiris (IANS Feature) - Mar 19, 2010
- Kashmir students visit Delhi as part of army's 'Operation Sadbhavana' - Jan 14, 2011
- School children from Kashmir meet the president - Feb 22, 2011
- Invited to visit J&K;, students plug 'disconnect' - Aug 04, 2012
- Kashmiri students meet president - Aug 25, 2012
- Indian Army provide free education to deprived J-K children - Apr 04, 2011
- Private tuitions by government teachers an offence: Tripura government - Jan 03, 2012
- Two troopers injured in Kashmir firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Teaching in the shadow of the gun in insurgency-hit Bastar - Sep 05, 2011
- Army trains youth for armed forces' career - May 30, 2012
- Lack of awareness hindering RTE implementation: Experts - Jul 07, 2011
- Gen. V.K. Singh: Tough soldier who lost a legal battle (Profile) - Feb 10, 2012
- Army organises Jammu Premier League for budding cricketers - May 09, 2012
- As militancy fades, girls return to school in Jammu's remote regions - Jul 04, 2012
- Top Hizbul militant killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: ajay, brigadier, cross section, december 8, free meals, health care community, jammu and kashmir, kitting, lady teacher, peace and tranquility, primary education, quality education, rashtriya rifles, sadbhavana, sangam, srinagar, tertiary health care, thrust areas, tourist spots, use computers