Army refutes violating ceasefire agreement with NSCN (IM)November 14th, 2007 - 8:15 am ICT by admin
When the vehicle with the miscreants, was about to be checked by the security forces, the miscreants opened fire, injuring one Army soldier and a civilian. In the retaliatory fire in self-defence, one civilian was killed and another injured, the Army stated.
The security force also said that the retaliatory firing could not be termed as violation of the ceasefire since the incident took place inside Assam and not in Nagaland. Secondly the man killed and the injured civilians belonged to NSCN(IM), as claimed by media, it confirms the outfit’s involvement in arms smuggling and trafficking to various insurgent and terrorist groups in Assam and Nagaland.
Moreover, the cadres were moving with weapons outside the designated camps, which are a grave violation of the Ceasefire Ground Rules, and is totally against the provisions, therein.
One 9mm sub machine gun, one 9mm Chinese pistol and a few fired cases of AK Rifle have been recovered from the sire of the incident, the Army stated. (ANI)
- Fresh round of talks with NSCN-IM Tuesday in Nagaland - May 31, 2010
- NSCN status sparks row in India's northeast - Nov 18, 2011
- Rebel Naga group ousts its chief - Jun 08, 2011
- Nagaland returning to normalcy - Sep 03, 2012
- Manipur hit by shortage of essentials, life saving drugs - May 09, 2010
- Meghalaya's views sought to declare GNLA outlawed - Nov 01, 2011
- Separatist Naga group denies links with HuJI - Aug 20, 2009
- All-party team should visit Manipur: P.A. Sangma - May 09, 2010
- Tension continues in Manipur - May 07, 2010
- Security forces launch operation against Naga rebels - Aug 22, 2010
- No breakdown in talks with Naga group: Interlocutor Pandey - Jul 29, 2010
- Peace talks between NSCN (IM) leader and Centre held - Jun 02, 2010
- Naga rebel group calls 36 hour shutdown - Jan 24, 2012
- Centre to hold talks with NSCN-IM on Tuesday in Nagaland - May 31, 2010
- Four militants held in Tripura - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: 9mm, army soldier, assam, cadres, ceasefire agreement, grave violation, insurgent, machine gun, miscreants, nagaland, opened fire, retaliatory fire, security force, self defence, terrorist groups