Arms, ammunition recovered in KashmirMay 31st, 2011 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 31 (IANS) A huge cache of arms and ammunition dumped by separatist guerrillas has been recovered by security forces in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, police said Tuesday.
“Six AK-47 rifles, 13 pistols, nine hand grenades, one under-barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) and a lot of ammunition was recovered during a joint operation launched by the police and the army in Ningli area of Sopore police district today (Tuesday),” a senior police officer said here,
“The arms and ammunition had been dumped by the militants to create trouble in the valley,” the officer added.
Although separatist violence has remarkably declined in Jammu and Kashmir, sporadic gunfights between the separatist guerrillas and the security forces have rattled peace in the state at many times during this year.
Senior security forces officials maintain over 500 guerrillas are still active here.
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- LeT recruitment module busted in Kashmir - Jul 04, 2012
- Huge arms cache unearthed in Jammu's Reasi - Jul 20, 2012
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Huge cache of ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Jan 24, 2010
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- Two Jaish-e-Mohammad militants killed in Sopore - Jun 01, 2010
- Foreign guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 28, 2011
- Huge cache of arms and ammunition seized in Kashmir - Jan 24, 2010
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir gunbattle (Lead changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2011
- Three militants, one trooper killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 22, 2010
- Arms seized in Manipur District - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: ak 47, arms ammunition, army, district police, grenade launcher, gunfights, hand grenades, kashmir, militants, north kashmir, pistols, police district, police officer, rifles, security forces, senior security, separatist guerrillas, separatist violence, srinagar, trouble in the valley