Armless Chinese man caught driving car with legsNovember 30th, 2008 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): Chinese police were left astounded when they pulled over a car for a routine check, and found driver had no arms.
Zing Shen, 42, was steering the vehicle with his feet and was amazed when officers decided issue him with a public safety summons.
He told the traffic officers he had been driving like that for years after losing both arms below the elbows in an industrial accident.
“The man said that he was a very safe driver and felt he was as good as anyone else on the road, despite his disability, The Independent quoted a police spokesman, as saying.
He had an automatic car so did not need to worry about changing gears and said he had put a lot of practice into learning to control the steering wheel with his legs.
He said he was actually even more careful now with driving than he had been before he lost his arms, the rep added.
Zing was handed over a public safety summons by the police. (ANI)
- New regulations allow disabled to drive vehicles in China - Apr 01, 2010
- Toyota announces voluntary recall on Lexus with steering issue - May 22, 2010
- 7-year-old boy drives a car for 20 miles all by himself - Jun 22, 2011
- Kris Marshall banned from driving for 6 months - Nov 11, 2011
- Learner driver jailed for killing 9 year old - Dec 22, 2011
- Partygoers play it safe this New Year's Eve - Dec 29, 2011
- A car thief who is just seven years old - Sep 07, 2010
- George Michael Arrested After Driving Car Through Building Leaving Gay Pride Parade - Jul 06, 2010
- Schoolboy runs over four students - Sep 05, 2011
- Driver Crashes His Car Twice After Being Pulled Over By Police - Nov 18, 2010
- Man using two phones while driving banned - Aug 16, 2011
- Three injured as car careens into tree - Oct 07, 2011
- New Ferrari technology to 'read driver's mind to adjust car stability' - Jan 08, 2011
- 'Intelligent co-pilot' makes driving safer - Jul 15, 2012
- Coming soon: Smart cars that will report accidents to authorities - Jul 04, 2010
Tags: automatic car, chinese man, chinese police, disability, driving car, elbows, gears, industrial accident, legs, london, police spokesman, public safety, routine check, steering wheel, summons, traffic officers, wheel, zing