Armed Forces rescue over 2200 people in Karnataka, Andhra PradeshOctober 6th, 2009 - 7:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 6 (ANI): The Armed Forces have rescued over 2,200 people in the flood-ravaged states of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
Columns of the Army, the Air Force and the Navy continue to be deployed for rescue and relief operations.
The Army has deployed two columns each in Kurnool and Vijayawada districts of Andhra Pradesh along with two medical teams and a column each in Ron, Hungan, Bijapur and Karwar districts of Karnataka.
More than 4.5 tonnes of rations have been distributed by the Army to the marooned people in the two flood affected states.
The Navy has deployed five teams for relief operations in Vijayawada and three teams in Kurnool districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Two Chetak Naval helicopters are also engaged in relief operations in Vijayawada.
In Karnataka, Navy has deployed two diving teams in Uttar Kannada district and a team of 32 men including three paramedics is engaged in landslide rescue operations near Karwar.
The Air Force has so far deployed twenty-nine aircraft and helicopters, carrying out 294 sorties.
The Air Force has airlifted 15 boats, over 155 tonnes of rescue equipment and relief materials besides airlifting over 1000 people including Doctors, paramedics, rescue teams and flood affected victims who were rescued. (ANI)
- Over 3600 people rescued in Karnataka, Andhra by Armed Forces - Oct 07, 2009
- Armed forces rescue 3600 civilians in flood-hit Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh - Oct 08, 2009
- Armed forces rescue over 2,000 from flood hit states - Oct 06, 2009
- Armed Forces lead flood relief operations in Karnataka, AP - Oct 09, 2009
- Armed Forces rescue over 1300 people in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh - Oct 05, 2009
- Armed Forces launch war-like effort to rescue flood affected in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka - Oct 03, 2009
- Armed forces rescue hundreds in flood-hit states - Oct 05, 2009
- Lack of aviation fuel hampers chopper rescue effort: Official - Oct 03, 2009
- Eight IAF aircraft in railway rescue operations - Jul 11, 2011
- Rain furry in four states, death toll crosses 190 - Oct 04, 2009
- Rain deaths mount in Karnataka, Andhra; Army, air force begin rescue (Roundup) - Oct 02, 2009
- Respite in rain-hit Karnataka and Andhra, toll 190 (Roundup) - Oct 03, 2009
- Leh rescue: Army, airforce work relentlessly to provide succour - Aug 16, 2010
- Army, IAF rescue 28 marooned villagers in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 24, 2011
- Soldiers, choppers rescue flood-hit in Andhra (Lead) - Oct 02, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,