Armed Forces personnel to get ad-hoc arrears soonSeptember 28th, 2008 - 12:33 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 27 (ANI): Keeping in view that the re-fixation of pay and allowances and consequent calculation of arrears may take some time, the Government has decided to make ad-hoc payment of arrears for the current year to all ranks of the services at the earliest.
The proposal received the sanction of President Pratibha Singh in New Delhi today.
The amount paid will be adjusted against the final computation of arrears on the revised pay scales.
It may be recalled that 40 per cent of the arrears are to be paid in cash in the year 2008-2009 and the remaining 60 per cent in the year 2009-2010.
Payment of the ad-hoc amounts will be made only to those personnel who were in service as on January 1, 2006 and continued to be in service thereafter.
The ranks held by the personnel as on January 1, 2006 would be reckoned for drawing the arrears.
The concerned paying authorities may deduct income tax as per normal rules at the time of final computation of arrears payable during the current financial year. (ANI)
- SC orders pay review bonanza for defence officers - Sep 05, 2012
- Talks on to stave-off Air India pilots strike - Mar 08, 2011
- All efforts on to stave-off Air India strike - Mar 05, 2011
- Pension bonanza for ex-servicemen after Supreme Court ruling - Mar 16, 2010
- Manipur government employees' strike called off (Lead) - May 20, 2010
- State Bank of India profits for the first time in three years - May 15, 2010
- Check taxis, trucks running illegally, court tells Himachal - Mar 05, 2012
- Air India strike inevitable as talks break down - Mar 07, 2011
- Zardari likely to sack PCB chief Ijaz Butt - Apr 25, 2011
- Court dismisses plea of judges seeking reinstatement - Jun 22, 2011
- Govt. to pay remaining arrears of Sixth Pay Commission - Aug 25, 2009
- India, Iran seek to end oil payment row - Sep 22, 2011
- 450,000 employees strike work in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 03, 2010
- FICA backs legal action against Bangladesh on players' dues - Jul 12, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir gets tough with striking employees (Lead) - Apr 06, 2010