Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT, Bhubaneswar todayFebruary 12th, 2009 - 11:27 am ICT by ANI
Bhubaneswar, Feb 12 (ANI): Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh will lay the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) here today.
The ceremony will be held at the construction site situated few kilometers south of Bhubaneswar at KANSAPADA ( Khudupur-Taraboi Road ) near Jatni Block Office, Khordha.
This new IIT at Bhubaneswar is part of the eight new IITs that have been established in the country by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Ministry.
Though the construction of the campus of IIT Bhubaneswar will follow the foundation laying ceremony, the IIT as such has already started functioning through its mentor IIT, which in this case is IIT Kharagpur.
The seven other new IITs have been set up in Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh (Indore) and Himachal Pradesh.
An allocation of Rs. 2,000 crore has been provided in the XIth Plan and Rs. 50 crore has been allocated for 2008-09 for new IITs.
Orissa is also to get a new Central University under The Central Universities Ordinance, 2009 which was promulgated by the President of India on January 15, 2009.
The Central Government has laid great emphasis on the advancement of higher education during the XIth Plan for which the outlays have been increased by ten times when compared to the Xth Plan outlays.
This higher allocation is being used for the creation of 30 Central Universities including 14 new National (World Class) universities; eight new IITs; seven new IIMs; five new Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs); 20 new Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs); two new Schools of Planning and Architecture; ten new NITs, Central assistance for establishing 1000 new polytechnics, including through PPP mode, and strengthening of 500 existing polytechnics. (ANI)
- Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT, Indore today - Feb 17, 2009
- Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT Ropar today - Feb 24, 2009
- Arjun Singh misses IIT Bhubaneswar laying ceremony - Feb 12, 2009
- Kapil Sibal lays foundation of IIT-Patna campus - Apr 19, 2011
- Arjun Singh appeals to States to raise budgetary support for education - Feb 10, 2009
- PM in Orissa for brief visit - Dec 27, 2009
- Parliament passes IIT bill - Apr 30, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate IEA conference in Bhubaneswar - Dec 26, 2009
- More money for setting up new IIMs, IIITs, - Mar 16, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Cabinet approves amendments to four key bills - Aug 17, 2012
- Northeast India's first IIIT coming up in Tripura - Jun 08, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: arjun singh, central assistance, crore, development minister, foundation stone, himachal pradesh, human resource development, indian institute of technology, indian institutes, indore, ministry of human resource, outlays, polytechnics, president of india, resource ministry, rs 2, rs 50, science education, union ministry, world class universities