Arjun Singh to inaugurate National Conference of Vice ChancellorsNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:56 am ICT by admin
Over 400 vice chancellors from all universities from across the country are scheduled to attend the conference.
Valedictory address of the conference will be delivered by Union Minister for Science and Technology Kapil Sibal,
To commemorate the completion of 150 glorious years of Modern University System, an exhibition is also being organized by the UGC, depicting through the exhibits, the journey of Higher Education from early 18th century onwards.
This exhibition which will act as a prism to view the vision and horizon of Higher Education will be inaugurated by Arjun Singh.
The conference is a culmination of four Regional Conferences that the UGC had organised at Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and New Delhi in which a total of 218 vice chancellors, directors of the college development councils and secretaries/directors of higher education of different states, chairpersons of state councils of higher education had participated.
The issues raised and recommendations made in the regional conferences will be deliberated upon in this conference and would revolve around the following six themes.
The themes are expansion of Higher Education, equity and inclusion, quality and excellence, academic and administrative reforms, private participation in Higher Education and internationalisation and financing of Higher Education.
These themes will be deliberated upon in six technical sessions to be chaired by eminent people like Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Professor Yashpal, former Chairman, UGC; Professor Y.K. Alagh, former Union Minster of Planning and Programme Implementation; Professor B. Mungekar, Member , Planning Commission. (ANI)
- Create knowledge systems, not learning systems: UGC - Feb 14, 2012
- Northeast's enrolment rate in higher education increasing - Sep 26, 2010
- India, Canada to deepen educational ties - Jun 20, 2011
- Indefinite shutdown of ICFAI University in Tripura - Jan 31, 2012
- Budget hike won't help education sector: Sibal - Mar 10, 2011
- Indian students in Canada more than double in a year - Jun 15, 2011
- Delay in Jammu varsity chief's appointment rocks assembly - Mar 11, 2011
- Sibal concerned over discrimination against N-E students - May 02, 2012
- Sibal inaugurates 'e-certificate' for candidates qualifying in UGC-NET exam - Mar 03, 2011
- Jamia honours Amartya Sen (With Image) - Dec 16, 2011
- Arjun Singh to inaugurate Vice Chancellors'' conference today - Nov 10, 2008
- Court issues notice to centre on filling UGC chairman seat - Sep 05, 2012
- IGNOU to bring out book on silver jubilee lectures - Apr 20, 2011
- 99th Indian Science Congress to focus on women, missiles (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Central funds to help Panjab University clear deficit - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: arjun singh, chairman, college development, commemorate, culmination, development councils, education equity, exhibition, higher education, kapil sibal, montek singh ahluwalia, planning commission, professor, regional conferences, ugc, universities, valedictory address, vice chancellors