Arjun Singh to inaugurate Children’s AssemblyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Nov 14 (ANI): Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh will inaugurate a Children’s Assembly and Integration Camp here today.
The theme of this year’s International Children’s Assembly is “Education for Sustainable Development”.
This theme has been chosen with a view to sensitise children the significance of ‘Sustainable Development’ since the world is going deeper into ecological debt and global warming and concrete steps needs to be taken against this biggest threat facing humanity. A poster on the theme will also be released.
Arjun Singh will release the Bal Bhavan publications - “Voice of Youth on Sustainable Development”- a book in Hindi and English reflecting children’s thoughts on sustainable development.
A cultural programme will be presented by children comprising of a vocal music, a ballet, classical dances on the theme of the Assembly, including presentations by International teams.
Children from Mauritius, Norway, Kyrghyztan and China will participate in this assembly.
A cultural fiesta will be organised in which children of National Bal Bhavan and children of other countries will make presentations on the theme. The presentation will include fushion dance in Kathak and Bharatnatyam style, classical song and drama.
Besides, a special creativity fair will be organised during which children will take part in various activities and fun games. They will also enjoy puppet show, magic show, joy rides, fames and jumping castle.
On Thursday, the participating children and the Bal Shree Awardees of the creative arts stream will make beautiful collage on large boards.
On Friday, children will take part in yoga and creative sports activities. A play ‘Shabri’, directed by Sushma Seth, an eminent theatre and film personality, will be present.
Children will make presentations on difference aspects of Sustainable Development viz biodiversity and energy on Saturday. On the same day, valedictory function will be organised for the Bal Shree Awardees.
On Sunday, children will visit Rural Bal Bhavan, Mandi indulge themselves in varied creative and science related activities.
There will be screening of Ex- US Vice-President Al Gore’s Oscar winning documentary on climate change-”An Inconvenient Truth”. Apart from this, there will be programmes to make the birth anniversary of Indira Gandhi.
On November 19, there will be a declamation contest in which children participating in the International Children’s Assembly and children of various schools of Delhi will speak on the theme of the assembly.
On the concluding day of the assembly on November 20, valedictory programme will be organised wherein participants of International Children’s Assembly will be felicitated and mementoes and certificates will be given to the children.
The International Children’s Assembly and Integration Camp is an annual feature of Bal Bhavan in which children from all parts of the country and abroad participate.
This camp not only promotes national but international integration, amity, brotherhood and goodwill amongst children of our country and children from our friendly countries who wish to know about the culture of India. (ANI)
- Arjun Singh to inaugurate Children's Assembly on Wednesday - Nov 14, 2007
- 150 more Bal Bhavans to come up next year: Arjun Singh - Nov 14, 2007
- Arjun Singh opens children''s Assembly - Nov 14, 2008
- Arjun Singh to inaugurate National Childrens Assembly and Integration Camp - Nov 12, 2008
- Global children performing arts fest begins in Delhi - Dec 08, 2011
- Indian wins Ramon Magasaysay Award - Jul 26, 2012
- NSD's Bal Sangam begins from Nov 8 - Nov 04, 2011
- Children paint the message of peace - Nov 27, 2010
- F1 drivers skip Ecclestone's birthday bash - Oct 29, 2011
- 2-day fest of ancient healing arts in Delhi May 16 - May 14, 2012
- Assam governor launches green project - Jun 05, 2012
- President to present Bal Shree Awards today - Jun 10, 2008
- Children's book project marries tech with storytelling - Nov 30, 2011
- Fifty children selected for Bal Shree Awards - Jun 09, 2008
- First Pakistani leader to speak in parliament's Central Hall - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: arjun singh, classical dances, classical song, creative sports, development minister, ecological debt, education for sustainable development, fames, film personality, fun games, fushion, going deeper, international teams, joy rides, jumping castle, kathak, organised, show magic, sushma seth, voice of youth