Arjun Singh to attend Unesco General ConferenceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
He will attend the plenary meeting and the General Policy Debate being held from October 16-20, and will address the session on October 19. He will also be addressing the Ministerial Round Table on the same day, on “The right to education and the right to development”.
Bilateral meetings with the Education Ministers of Afghanistan, Belgium, Brazil, France, Indonesia, Mexico, Nepal and South Africa have also been fixed.
Singh would also host a reception on October 17, for the key participants of the Conference and a lunch in the honour of Koichiro Matsuura, Director General, UNESCO on October 20.
The minister will return to India on October 21. (ANI)
- UAE becomes Unesco executive board member - Nov 04, 2011
- Sibal meets UNESCO chief, discusses Mahatama Gandhi Institute - Jul 10, 2009
- Unesco general conference opens in Paris - Oct 06, 2009
- UNESCO names Special Envoy to damaged Shiva temple on Thai-Cambodia border - Feb 12, 2011
- UAE minister meets Unesco chief - Oct 31, 2011
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- Setting up of Unesco institute in India approved - Mar 15, 2011
- 15 Indian MPs reach Pakistan for talks - Jan 16, 2012
- India keen to establish Mahatma Gandhi institute for peace - Jul 11, 2009
- India, Pakistan MPs hold talks on improving trade - Jan 17, 2012
- Palestine becomes Unesco member; US upset - Nov 01, 2011
- Unesco fails again to elect new head - Sep 19, 2009
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas starts Friday, northeast in focus - Jan 06, 2011
- Sonia-led procession to herald Congress plenary - Dec 19, 2010
- UNESCO raises Palestinian flag at Paris headquarters - Dec 14, 2011
Tags: arjun singh, bilateral meetings, director general, education ministers, education secretary, higher education, honour, koichiro matsuura, members of parliament, october 19, plenary, policy debate, return to india, sachin pilot, school education, sule, supriya, unesco general conference