Arjun Khanna showcases his collection at Lakme Fashion WeekOctober 23rd, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct 23 (ANI): Couturier par excellence, Arjun Khanna set the ramp on fire with his impeccable collection at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) in Mumbai on Wednesday.
He has revolutionized the way the men in the country dress up.
His collections are known for understated elegance. The designer creates collection after collection where each piece becomes an unforgettable experience for the wearer.
Bollywood actor Kim Sharma stole the show after she sashayed down the ramp eating ice cream.
The collection consisted of exquisite jackets, some of which were quilted, pants and shirts. The designer used plethora of colours like creams, blues, off-whites and some tones of brown.
“There are so many things which I want to get into whether it is men’’s wear, which is my focus or has been my focus, antiques, lifestyle, soft furnishings it is the combination of so many things that I love doing. The entire show stopper was the essence of fashion,” Said Khanna.
LFW, which will be held till October 24, will involve events like media seminars, business-to-business meetings and a buyers”” forum, apart from the regular fashion shows.
The event will also provide a platform for fresh designers who possess the talent through the Gen Next and Emerging Designer Category shows.
Apart from this there would be ””Group Accessory Designer show”” where an array of accessories like headgears, handbags and shoes would be an interpretation of fashion by 20 renowned artists through their artworks.
Around 75 designers would showcase their collections in this season of the fashion week. (ANI)
- Maria Goretti drapes sari for Payal Singhal's LFW show - Sep 20, 2010
- Lakme Fashion Week boasts of Japanese designers, digital outreach (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- Six showstoppers for Malini Agarwalla's accessory show - Mar 06, 2012
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Regulars give Accessory Show at LFW a miss - Aug 03, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week to pay tribute to Indian textiles - Feb 29, 2012
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Imagination meets simplicity and beauty at LFW - Sep 18, 2010
- Jackie Shroff gets a slice of 'Hero' - Nov 20, 2010
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee showcases his bohemian collection at LIFW - Mar 06, 2010
- Too many fashion weeks spoilt the year (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2010
- Celebrities grab limelight, designers sidelined: Rohit Bal - Feb 07, 2012
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: artworks, bollywood actor, business meetings, colours, country dress, couturier, designer category, elegance, entire show, kim sharma, lakme fashion week, lfw, many things, october 24, plethora, ramp, renowned artists, show stopper, showcases, soft furnishings