Argentina President to arrive in India todayOctober 13th, 2009 - 11:09 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct.13 (ANI): The President of Argentina, Dr. Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, will arrive here on a three-day state visit today.
She will be accompanied by a high-level delegation that includes the country’s Foreign Minister and a large business delegation.
During her visit, the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, will hold discussions with President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani and External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna will call on the visiting dignitary.
On October 15, the Argentinian President will visit Agra and Mumbai.
President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner’s visit is being taking place during the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Argentina.
This is also the first Presidential visit from Argentina in 15 years. The last visit was by President Menem in 1994.
The last visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Argentina was in 1995 by Late P.V. Narasimha Rao for the G-15 Summit. (ANI)
- Argentina President to meet Manmohan Singh today - Oct 14, 2009
- Argentina President to undertake three-day visit of India - Oct 12, 2009
- Argentina President meets S M Krishna - Oct 14, 2009
- Argentina President meets Hamid Ansari, Sonia Gandhi and Advani - Oct 14, 2009
- Climate change: India, Argentina call on developed nations to do their bit - Oct 14, 2009
- Economic ties on mind, Argentine president reaches India Tuesday - Oct 12, 2009
- UAE foreign minister visits Argentina - Mar 16, 2012
- Argentinian president visits the Taj - Oct 15, 2009
- Ex-Argentina President Nestor Kirchner Passes Away At 60 - Oct 28, 2010
- Argentine minister found dead at summit - Dec 21, 2011
- Former president Kirchner's death stuns Argentina - Oct 28, 2010
- Argentine president inherits $6.8 mn - Aug 08, 2012
- India, Argentina sign n-deal, will triple trade by 2012 - Oct 14, 2009
- Argentina to nationalize Spanish-controlled oil company - Apr 17, 2012
- Argentine government takes over train operator after crash - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: 60th anniversary, business delegation, cristina fernandez de kirchner, dignitary, diplomatic relations, dr manmohan singh, external affairs minister, fernandez de kirchner, hamid ansari, india today, indian prime minister, l k advani, leader of opposition, level delegation, manmohan, manmohan singh, p v narasimha rao, president menem, president of argentina, sonia gandhi