ArcelorMittal steel group sells off US steel millMay 11th, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by admin
Paris, May 11 (ANI): The worlds largest steel group ArcelorMittal has said that it has finalised the 810 million dollars sale of a plant in the United States to Russian Steelmaker Severstal.
It was ordered to dispose of the Sparrows Point plant in Baltimore, Maryland, by US authorities as a condition for their clearance of Mittal Steels acquisition of Arcelor last year.
A deal to sell Sparrows Point to US companies Esmark and Whelling-Pittsburgh failed at the end of last year when financing fell through.
ArcelorMittal has lodged a complaint with the New York state Supreme Court, seeking more than 540 million dollars in compensation over an August 2007 agreement to sell for 1.35 billion dollars. (ANI)
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- Belgian trade union files complaint against ArcelorMittal - Feb 21, 2012
- Russian steel maker Severstal to buy US mill - May 08, 2008
- Steel giants Arcelor and POSCO gear up for new ventures in Karnataka - Jan 08, 2010
- Russia's Severstal to buy ArcelorMittal's US steel mill - Apr 16, 2008
- Rival betters ArcelorMittal's offer for Toronto mining company - Jan 03, 2011
- ArcelorMittal Liberia announces first iron ore shipment - Mar 20, 2012
- ArcelorMittal hikes bid for Canadian iron ore giant - Jan 01, 2011
- ArcelorMittal may shift plant to another site in Jharkhand - Mar 18, 2010
- ArcelorMittal set to buy Canadian iron ore company for $433 million - Dec 16, 2010
- Posco relents, to set up steel plant in Karnataka - Jun 04, 2010
- ArcelorMittal, partner nearing absolute control of Baffinland - Feb 08, 2011
- S&P; cuts ArcelorMittal ratings to junk status - Aug 03, 2012
- ArcelorMittal says it won't extend Canadian takeover offer - Dec 23, 2010
- ArcelorMittal changes India strategy, focus on smaller units - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: acquisition, arcelor, arcelormittal, authorities, baltimore maryland, billion dollars, esmark, million dollars, mittal steels, new york state, paris, sparrows point, state supreme court, steel group, steel mill, steelmaker, united states, whelling