Arab consortium seeking world’’s six best football players for Manchester City

September 3rd, 2008 - 3:18 pm ICT by ANI  

AC Milan

The worlds six best football players are all targets of the multi-billionaire Arab sheikhs who have bought the Manchester City Football Club earlier this week.
Consortium front man, Dr. Sulaiman Al Fahim, says he is willing to pay 134 million pounds to wrest Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.
City manager Mark Hughes has also been told he can bid 80 million pounds each for AC Milans Brazilian hitman Kaka and Barcelona’’s attacking midfielder Lionel Messi.
Liverpools Spanish goal machine Fernando Torres and Arsenal playmaker Cesc Fabregas will be chased as soon as soccers next transfer window opens in January, with price tags of 70 million pounds and 60 million pounds respectively.
There will also be a renewed bid of 60 million pounds for striker Dimitar Berbatov who only signed for Man United on Monday night.
Dr Al Fahim told The Sun: We were disappointed not to get Berbatov we tried very hard. But that does not mean we have given up. We have big plans for this football club and well be back to try to get him again next year.
He vowed to bring in at least eighteen new players.
Dr Al Fahim said: If we can get the biggest players in the world, then we will get them.
The astonishing money-no-object approach could turn English soccer upside down as big clubs such as Arsenal and Liverpool lose their best players to City.
The real Mr. Moneybags behind the takeover is Sheikh Munsoor bin Zayed al Nahyan, who has a 90 per cent stake in the consortium.
The 38-year-olds boundless wealth makes Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich look like a kid with a piggy bank. He is one of five brothers feted as the sovereign bosses of Abu Dhabi. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |