Appointment of Taseer as Punjab Governor part of conspiracy: PML-NMay 15th, 2008 - 10:39 pm ICT by admin
Lahore, May 15 (ANI): Senior Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan today said that no consultations were made with PML-N leaders for the appointment of the new governor in Punjab.
Addressing a press conference here at PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharifs residence, he termed appointment of Salman Taseer as Governor of Punjab as part of a conspiracy.
He also said that the appointed Governor Salman Taseer is a highly controversial person and is not suitable for the position.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said the appointment is a clear indication that the presidential camp is still busy sabotaging the people’s mandate in Punjab.
He said that Salman Taseer is a highly controversial person and his background as a politician and businessman is dubious.
The PML-N leader alleged that this recent move is an attempt by the presidential camp to destabilize the Punjab government after failing to change PML-Q’s top leadership.
Federal Information Minister Sherry Rehman, however, has denied reports that the PML-N leaders were not consulted for the appointment of the new governor.
Talking to Geo News, Sherry said the PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif was consulted before the appointment. (ANI)
- Taseer's assassin guarded Zardari, Gilani even after being declared security risk: Report - Jan 13, 2011
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor - Jan 12, 2011
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Pak opposition locks horns with Zardari over reappointment of 'annulled' NAB chief - Mar 22, 2011
- Nawaz denies being invited by Gilani for Zardari's 'historic' Parliament address - Apr 10, 2010
- Angelina's donation for floods surpasses Zardari's help - Aug 25, 2010
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif deems himself Pak Prime Minister despite being out of power! - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Mishandling of Davis case made Pakistan laughing stock' - Mar 21, 2011
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: ali khan, appointment, businessman, chaudhry, conspiracy, consultations, controversial person, geo news, information minister, lahore, leadership, mandate, nisar, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, politician, punjab government, shahbaz sharif, sherry rehman