Antony visits forward areas in J-K, lauds Army’s roleApril 27th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Apr 27 (ANI): Defence Minister A. K. Antony on Monday visited the forward areas of Jammu and Kashmir under the White Knight Corps, and said that the Army’s vigilance and proactive stance had ensured incident free elections in the state.
During his visit, Antony addressed the troops at the Raina Auditorium in Rajouri, where he lauded the role of the Indian Army in curbing infiltration and reducing the levels of insurgency.
Antony paid rich tributes to the projects under ‘Operation Sadbhavana’ by which the socio economic conditions of the local populace has been uplifted in the insurgency affected remote areas of the region.
The Defence Minister urged the troops to continue being vigilant by maintaining a high degree of operational preparedness to meet any eventuality in future.
He also expressed his full satisfaction with the Armed Forces in discharging their duties and appreciated the exceptional role played by them in restoring normalcy in the region.
Antony also attended a Sainik Bhoj with the troops, where he personally interacted with all ranks and once again lauded the yeoman services rendered by the Armed Forces in ensuring the integrity and sovereignty of our great nation.
The Defence Minister was accompanied by the Chief of the Army Staff General Deepak Kapoor, the Defence Secretary Vijay Singh, GOC-in-C Northern Command Lt. General P. C. Bhardwaj and the General Officer Commanding, White Knight Corps. (ANI)
- Chinar Corps celebrates 96th raising day - Jan 12, 2012
- Corruption in high places in Army has dented its credibility: Antony - Feb 19, 2011
- We respect Kashmiris' concerns: Army commander (With image) - Dec 29, 2011
- Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar - Jun 16, 2012
- India should be careful when dealing with foreign countries: Antony - Mar 18, 2011
- Be vigilant on Sino-Indian border, Antony tells troops - Feb 18, 2011
- SC dismisses plea against Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh (Second Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Sukna scam: Rath questions revision order - Jul 13, 2011
- Defence minister visits Jammu and Kashmir border areas - Apr 27, 2009
- Antony asks troops along Pakistan border to defeat any 'misadventure' - May 02, 2011
- Antony asks troops to be ready to tackle any misadventure - May 02, 2011
- Antony asks defence top brass not to succumb to corrupt practices - Apr 25, 2011
- Antony to review army's preparedness along western borders - Apr 29, 2011
- Antony seeks report on Kashmir fake shootout killing - Aug 09, 2011
- I-Day: PM to unfurl national flag at Red Fort - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: antony, army staff, bhardwaj, bhoj, deepak kapoor, defence minister, defence secretary, eventuality, free elections, goc, indian army, infiltration, jammu and kashmir, lauds, lt general, normalcy, rich tributes, sadbhavana, vijay singh, white knight