Antony to leave for three-day Vietnam visit tomorrowDecember 15th, 2007 - 9:56 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Dec 15 (ANI): Defence Minister A K Antony will leave tomorrow on a three-day official visit to Vietnam tomorrow.
Antony will be accompanied by a high-level delegation, including Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Defence P K Rastogi, Vice Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General M L Naidu, Air Marshal V R Iyer and Vice Admiral D K Dewan.
In Hanoi, Antony will hold meetings with his Vietnamese counterpart Phung Quang Thanh.
He will also make courtesy call on Vietnam President Nguyen Minh Triet and the legendry leader General Vo Nguyen Giap.
Antony will visit various defence installations in Ho Chi Minh city, besides holding discussions with the Indian Chamber of Business.
Over the years Indo-Vietnamese Defence cooperation has grown steadily through visits by military delegations, ship visits from India and training of Vietnamese Defence personnel in India.
The Indo-Vietnamese bilateral relationship got a boost in 1994 with the signing of the Protocol on Defence cooperation. It reached a new high in July 2007, when the two countries agreed on ‘Strategic Partnership’ during the visit of the Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung to India.
Vietnam has now become a member of the UN Security Council for a period of two years.
Last month, the third India-Vietnam Security Dialogue was held in New Delhi and a number of decisions were taken by both sides to provide further impetus to bilateral relations.
Antony will return home on Wednesday. (ANI)
- India to help Vietnam enhance, upgrade its armed forces - Oct 13, 2010
- India, Vietnam plan joint army training - Oct 13, 2010
- Antony leaves for Vietnam to attend ASEAN Defence Ministers meeting - Oct 10, 2010
- Antony to visit Vietnam for ASEAN defence summit (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Antony to visit Vietnam to attend ASEAN Defence Ministers meeting - Oct 08, 2010
- Antony to attend ASEAN defence summit - Oct 08, 2010
- A first in 15 years: Indian Army chief to visit Vietnam (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- Army Chief to visit Vietnam - Jul 21, 2010
- Vietnam navy chief seeks expansion of defence cooperation - Jun 27, 2011
- India, Vietnam to increase defence, security cooperation - Sep 16, 2011
- Vietnam, India mark 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations - Jan 05, 2012
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- Vietnam president praises India's economic, technical help - Jul 18, 2012
- Unfazed by China, India, Vietnam sign oil deal, extradition treaty - Oct 12, 2011
- Poland's defence minister to visit India - Nov 04, 2008
Tags: air marshal, bilateral relationship, chi minh city, chief of army, defence cooperation, defence installations, general vo nguyen giap, ho chi minh, ho chi minh city, level delegation, lieutenant general, nguyen minh triet, nguyen tan dung, p k rastogi, president nguyen minh triet, quang thanh, security dialogue, ship visits, vice admiral, vo nguyen giap