Antony meets three services chiefs, reviews terror threat from airDecember 3rd, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by ANI
By Praful Kumar Singh
New Delhi, Dec 3 (ANI): In wake of terrorists from across the border using sea route to attack Mumbai, Defence Minister AK Antony today reviewed in detail preparedness of the Armed Forces against any possible terror threats from air.
Antonys took stock of the situation a day after the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) made plans for strengthening internal security by taking a series of measures.
The Defence Minister called for greater coordination among all agencies both Defence and Internal Security in such a way that intelligence inputs available become actionable.
Antonys comments came at a meeting with the top brass of Ministry of Defence attended by the three Service Chiefs Admiral Sureesh Mehta, General Deepak Kapoor, Air Chief Marshal FH Major and the Defence Secretary Vijay Singh.
The meeting was called to review the security situation and the state of preparedness to face any terrorist threats.
The meeting also discussed the plan for coastal security and the acquisition of systems and platforms including coastal radars and interceptor boats, etc.
The situation along the Line of Control was also discussed including tightening of measures to prevent infiltration of terrorists, as Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is known to be an important area for recruitment and training of terrorists. (ANI)
- PM reviews security threat from Pakistan, China (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Ahead of naval war game, Antony reviews national security - Feb 06, 2012
- Antony sets two-month deadline for coastal radars (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- India to be on guard against terror threat from air - Dec 03, 2008
- Antony reviews security situation - Nov 15, 2011
- Antony sets two-month deadline for coastal radars - Aug 02, 2012
- During security review, India talks about Pakistan's Shaheen - Apr 25, 2012
- Antony asks army to streamline weapons' acquisitions (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- India to discuss AF-Pak with US, says Taliban remains a threat to world peace - Jun 25, 2009
- Antony in Jammu and Kashmir to review security - Jul 28, 2012
- Push for army's combat chopper demand - Jul 02, 2012
- Antony asks army to streamline acquisitions - Apr 02, 2012
- VISHNU Antony reviews security situation with service chiefs - Jun 01, 2010
- Commanders to debate battle readiness, security threats - Apr 20, 2011
- PM to address military commanders on security matters - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: air chief marshal, antony, cabinet committee, deepak kapoor, defence minister, defence secretary, interceptor, internal security, mehta, ministry of defence, mumbai terror attack, pakistan occupied kashmir, praful, radars, sea route, security situation, service chiefs, terror threat, terrorist threats, top brass, vijay singh